Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodycl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,630
Message 1 of 5

Access Connections does not accept Windows Wireless Config

Hi All,

We are rolling out RADIUS/802.1x wireless lan in our enterprise. The wireless settings are deplyed via AD grouo policy - no problems there.

I have an issue when i configure my access connections (ver 5.21) on my T61 machine. I configure AC to use Windows wireless security settings whcih are picked up correctly. The issues occur when i switch from this profile to another profile for exampls and vice versa. AC seems to think that i need to configure my wlan security settings each time i switch to that profile and wont connect. I get an error message:

The SSID 'WM2009' selected for this profile must be configured in windows. Click OK to configure the wireless settings in Windows'.

I know that the wireless settings are fine, as i can connect with the window wireless client fine - its just AC that has the issue.

Any ideas appreciated!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,616
Message 2 of 5

Re: Access Connections does not accept Windows Wireless Config

Domain policy wireless profiles are not compatible with Access Connections.

The problem stems that Domain profiles are stored in a different part of the registry than a locally created WZC profile.  Since these are part of the domain policy, they cannot be altered locally.  Microsoft wouldn't provide Lenovothe encryption used (for obvious security reasons), so the domain policy based profiles can't be manipulated by Access Connections.

But we do provide an ADM template that can be used to do much the same things.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=ACON-DEPLOY

woodycl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,591
Message 3 of 5

Hello LANOgre

Thanks for you message - that is a bit dissapointing, but understood. I shall have a look at the Lenono templates.

Cheers.

woodycl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,580
Message 4 of 5

Hello Again - quick question regarding configuring 802.1x AC profiles...

I have managed to get this to work although seems quite flaky especially on older models, ie T60. When you configure an 802.1x profile can so make the computer connect to WLAN before domain login?

When i was using the windows configuration it does this whcih is great, so GPO, logon scripts can run.

I cant see any setting for this.

Do you have some ideas

Thanks!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,533
Message 5 of 5

Go into Global Settings and the second check box will enable the TVT Gina.  You can then use logon credentials for 802.1x authentication and connect wirelessly so domain scripts will run. 

Note: there are some functions (like installing software via domain policy) that have to be done over ethernet.  Just FYI..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors