Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 41 (1,702 Views)

Battery Charge Threshold bug - charges past threshold

Not sure where I'd submit a bug report, has anyone else experienced the following?

I have my charging thresholds set to 80% in Lenovo Companion for my T470. However, it seem like half the time it will end up charging one or both batteries to 100%. What seems to happen is it charges to 80%, and it might sit there for a little while, and then a battery creeps to 81%, at which point it then gets charged to 100%. I'm assuming the code behind the threshold portion of the program is saying if charge == threshold rather than if charge >= threshold to determine when to cut the charging off. 

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 41 (1,613 Views)

Re: Battery Charge Threshold bug - charges past threshold

I am having the same problem.

Previously, I had no problems when I was using the Lenovo Settings app to manage battery thresholds. I think that there may have been some issues in porting over the battery threshold functionality from Lenovo Settings to the Lenovo Companion. 

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 41 (1,597 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same thing happening here. Everything worked fine with Lenovo Settings (on my T460p). Then I uninstalled that and installed Lenovo Companion. At first the battery charged to 2% past threshold then stopped. Next day it blew past the threshold and went up to 100%. So I uninstalled both Companion and the Power Management driver, reinstalled both, and still the threshold is being ignored. 

Punch Card
Message 4 of 41 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
Same issue with T25. Used the new laptop for a week with no issues. I then updated the Power Management driver to version 1.67.13.12. Shortly after that the battery threshold management became intermittent. It would work for a day or two then ignore my settings and fully charge. Searching the net, I find many solutions that go years back, yet this issue persist. I'm not one for tinkering with system internals like registry editing. Finally, I rolled back the Power Management driver to 1.67.12.24. So far so good, but that may be a short lived relief.
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 41 (1,515 Views)

So you're able to get it working right with Lenovo Companion and an older Power Management driver, or are you not using Lenovo Companion at all?

Punch Card
Message 6 of 41 (1,506 Views)

Yes, companion is installed and functions ok.
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 41 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]

Anyone know wher I can get old versions of the Power Management Driver?! Alternatively I might just go back to Lenovo Settings. 

Hey Lenovo, your silence on whether this is a bug in Lenovo Companion is deafening!

Lenovo Employee
Message 8 of 41 (1,372 Views)

@Dawayno,

is your system upgraded from win7?

Is battery threshold working for system before?

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 41 (1,220 Views)

I also have this problem with T470 on Win 10. Sometimes it will start charging when it's past the threshold. I need to open the Lenovo Companion and make it stop.
Punch Card
Message 10 of 41 (1,211 Views)

Same problem here (Thinkpad P51). I have my charging threshold at 80%, but yesterday it charged to 100%. I had no problems with Lenovo Settings. 

Lenovo, please update your Apps.

Top kudoed Authors