Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,157
Message 101 of 128

Re: Battery Charge Threshold bug - charges past threshold

@anthonyw22, my system is also T460P. Battery Charge threshold is working. What is your bios versoin and dock type?

My one is R07ET82W 2.22.

anthonyw22
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,154
Message 102 of 128

@hzfdbd, This morning I uninstalled/reinstalled the Lenovo Vantage app.  I then ran a system update.  There was a new BIOS update as well as an update for my docking station so hopefully the combination of things will solve my issue.  Will let you know.  Right now I'm running R07ET83W 2.23.  And I have an Ultra Dock.

FYI: I just opened the Vantage app and the Battery Charge Threshold setting was disabled.  It was enabled this morning.  The only thing that I can think of is that the Windows 10 Spring Creators Update (1803) - which I installed today - somehow disabled it.  I've enabled it again so we'll see what happens.  But the setting doesn't appear to stay enabled.  Something seems to be causing it to disabled itself.

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,107
Message 103 of 128

@anthonyw22, I tested my system with basic dock after 1 night. It is working. Is your system with dual batteries?

anthonyw22
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,067
Message 104 of 128

@hzfdbd: No, single battery.  Since I updated the BIOS and docking station everything seems to be working.  Just tested it with sleep so far.  Over the weekend, I'll test it a bit more but so far so good.

anthonyw22
Fanfold Paper
Views: 991
Message 105 of 128

@hzfdbd: Just wanted to report back... so my battery charge threshold seems to be working correctly now.  I think one or both of updating my system (BIOS and docking station updates) and reinstalling the Vantage app did the trick.  Thanks for your assistance.

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 973
Message 106 of 128

@anthonyw22, thank you for your update

lenovo_thinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 727
Message 107 of 128

Sorry hzfdbf,

I didn't realize there already was an active thread about this. Can delete/ignore the other one.

We tried on one to reinstall Windows 10, updating it fully, then Lenovo Vantage and updating everything there, and then setting threshold however it didn't help. It charged when shut down and randomly added 1% here and there sometimes when on.

BIOS: R0RET30W 1.13
Machine Type: ThinkPad L380 Yoga
Product Number: 20M7CTO1WW

Thanks for the help.

Oscar1929
Punch Card
Views: 671
Message 108 of 128

I got the over charging issue on my L380, too. I recognize that, no matter the system start up or not, if I unplugge the Type-C charger and plugge it back, the battery charging thresholds setting will not function normally. Even though the battery message in both Windows 10 and Lenovo vantage shows "plugged in not charging", the system still slowly charge the battery till 100%. The only way to solve the problem is to open Lenovo vantage and restart the battery charging thresholds. 

Windows 10 1803 

Lenovo vantage version is 4.13.82.0

BIOS version is R0RET30W 1.13

all drivers are up-to-date

By the way, I tried to contect Lenovo supports. At the first time, they just send me an e-mail with some download links of BIOS and driver installation files, and told me to update those what I have already told them is up-to-date. Obviously, after reinstalled the BIOS and all other drivers, the charging thresholds issue is still hanging there. They asked me to send the machine back to have some test.

It seems like not just me having the battery charging thresholds issue, so it is possible for their engineers to reproduce the issue and try to find out the bug or the "Design defect".But I just got the reply from Lenovo telling me that their engineer tried to set the charging thresholds at 90%, and no matter plugge in or out the Type-C charger, battery charging thresholds functioned properly, and asked me to send the machine back to have some test again.

lenovo_thinkpad
Punch Card
Views: 655
Message 109 of 128

@Oscar1929 

The fact that they asked you to send it back is imho terrible. We're in the same situation having brand new L380 Yoga's charging past the thresholds and sending them back so they can take their time and see if they can fix it is not feasible. 

I hope @hzfdbd can come up with something.

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 624
Message 110 of 128

We will investigate it

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors