Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 3,817
Message 1 of 6

Bug in Lenovo Utility - is Lenovo aware?

There are a lot of threads in this forum about glitching/disappearing mouse cursor in some Lenovo laptops. I've discovered that in my case (Lenovo Yoga 500-14ISK) the solution for that problem is either reduce DPI scaling to less than 150% (125% for example) or just disable the Lenovo Utility in the Startup in Task Manager. The problem mainly (in my case) appears when I press the Caps Lock key and the popup appears or when I close the lid and instantly open it. In both cases the problem is no longer there after disabling Lenovo Utility. So probably there is some bug in Lenovo Utility or maybe in Windows 10 (and Lenovo Utility triggers it). The problem is there only on Windows 10 RS2 and later. On few first Windows 10 versions there's not such problem. I would like to report that and ask if Lenovo is aware of that and if they will fix this or (if it's Windows 10 bug) to tell Microsoft to fix this.

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 3,697
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bug in Lenovo Utility - is Lenovo aware?

The bug is partly fixed in the latest Window 10 Insider Preview build 17101. The cursor still becomes sometimes a little bit blurry (very subtle) but doesn't jump, glitch or disappear anymore.

及時雨
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,613
Message 3 of 6

I found this problem since I bought ideapad 720s-14IKB (81BD) two weeks ago.

At first, I have no idea about this issue and tried several tricks but all failed.

Clean install windows 10 1709, update IGD/PEG driver, wireless module driver......etc

Finally I got solution in some thread. Just adjust the DPI scaling to less than 150% (<150%).

I am a new lenovo user in Taiwan. I hope Lenovo can solve this problem quickly.

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 3,598
Message 4 of 6

@及時雨:
Just disable in Startup the Lenovo Utility app in until it will get fixed.
przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 3,292
Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately the problem was only partially fixed for a while in Insider Preview builds and now it's again there. I have no idea if it is a Windows 10 bug or Lenovo bug, but I think Lenovo should provide a new version of this app without that issue.

przemek1234pl
802.11n
Views: 2,838
Message 6 of 6

This app is very buggy. On "normal" laptops it causes the blue thing near the mouse cursor not animating. On high-DPI laptops it causes total mouse cursor glitches. The app also slows down PC and I've noticed in Task Manager that it has memory leak. Every function key usage makes it to consume more RAM. The solution is to uninstall this app but then some function keys won't work. Come on Lenovo! Why this isn't getting fixed (at least that mouse cursor bug)?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors