05-30-2018 12:58 AM
I've just updated my windows 10 to the latest update on my Y520 Legion. But then lenovo vantage stopped working.
So I Uninstalled it, went to windows store to reinstall it again. but it doesn't download! it just stuck at 2 MB forever.
I tried to restart the PC, delete Windows store's cache. but it doesn't work!
HOWEVER! I still have lenovo vantage toolbar!! I don't know how i have the toolbar if I already uninstalled the software!
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-31-2018 08:13 PM
08-23-2018 04:16 PM - edited 08-23-2018 04:19 PM
Same issue here with T480 and Windows 10 version 1803.
Everything with Windows Store and Apps works fine BUT Lenovo Vantage.
I reckon the problem comes from updaing formerly Lenovo Companion to Lenovo Vantage.
The issue started after the update! Windows local database is confused between Lenovo Companion and Lenovo Vantage.
It thinks the App is already installed
0x80073CFB means "ERROR_PACKAGE_ALREADY_EXIST" as microsoft explains here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/appxpkg/troubleshooting
08-24-2018 04:44 AM - edited 08-24-2018 04:48 AM
All other apps work fine
Can download, update, uninstall, reinstall them with no problem.
Tried resetting Windows App Store both by Windows Settings GUI and WSRESET.EXE command.
The reset process did its' job though Lenovo Vantage has the same issue after it.
I also tried reinstalling all default apps again using this guide: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-reinstall-default-apps-in-windows-10/ but did not help at all...
Also followed instructions stated here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-common-problems-apps-windows-10
Did not help again....
08-24-2018 04:49 AM - edited 08-25-2018 08:51 AM
I tried installing from standalone offline installer of Lenovo Vantage Application for Large Enterprise available here: https://support.lenovo.com/gb/th/solutions/hf003321
Got the following errors:
C:\lenovovantage_188.8.131.52>rem INSTALL THE APPLICATION - LENOVO VANTAGE
C:\lenovovantage_184.108.40.206>powershell -command unblock-file lenovo-vantage-install.ps1
C:\lenovovantage_220.127.116.11>powershell -executionpolicy bypass -file lenovo-vantage-install.ps1
Add-AppxProvisionedPackage : Unspecified error
At C:\lenovovantage_18.104.22.168\lenovo-vantage-install.ps1:1 char:1
+ Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath .\Discovery_22.214.171.124 ...
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: ( [Add-AppxProvisionedPackage], COMException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.AddAppxProvisionedPackageCommand
08-24-2018 04:14 PM - edited 08-24-2018 05:23 PM
The following steps helped me fix the issue I was experiencing (code: 0x80073cfb in Windows Store while trying to update / reinstall).
1. Uninstall Lenovo Vantage.
2. Gain access to the folder where Lenovo Vantage (and other Windows Store apps) is installed, following the instructions here: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-8-metro-apps-folder-location
3. Search for "Lenovo" in the search bar. It'll show which folders belong to Lenovo Vantage. I used "SHIFT+DELETE" to delete as many folders/files as I could and skippped for the ones I couldn't. (Using "DELETE" only wouldn't do the trick).
4. Go back to Windows Store to install Lenovo Vantage.
5. Reverse Step 2. In the user search step, use "nt service\trustedinstaller" to find "TrustedInstaller". Don't forget to tick that box under the user name to include all sub folders / objections.
Hope it helps!