Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 8 (60,364 Views)

DOZESVC - Doze Mode Service Program - WHAT IS THIS?

I discovered a process called "DOZESVC.EXE" running on the task manager the other day. After doing some poking around my computer I discovered its a Thinkpad Utility in C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities. Unfortunately Googling doesn't turn up anything. It was created very recently (1/4) when I did a pretty big update on my computer. Does anyone know what this program is? Can I disable it? If so, how do I go about doing that.

Thanks so much!

PS. I have a Thinkpad Z60m

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 8 (60,295 Views)

Re: DOZESVC - Doze Mode Service Program - WHAT IS THIS?

anybody?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 3 of 8 (59,744 Views)

bump

Former Employee
Message 4 of 8 (59,717 Views)

Hi,

this is a part of the TV Power Manager.
Unfortuanltey till now I cannot find the exact description for this service.

Cheers

Punch Card
Message 5 of 8 (59,695 Views)

Doze mode has something to do with immediately connecting to the internet, and/or keeping the net connection turned off when the laptop is sleeping.  It is designed for people who are frequently moving from office to office.

Blue Screen Again
Message 6 of 8 (45,685 Views)

I have a T60P that keeps giving me an error message about the Doze Mode Service.  How do I deactivate it, delete it or fix it?

Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 8 (45,452 Views)

Try to install the last ThinkVantage Access Connections utility for your T60P. It should fix the bug. If not you can disable the service using MSCONFIG (run it using Win+R combination and typing this keyword): just find this service and clear the flag in front of it.

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 8 (42,249 Views)

I saw this part of the thinkpad power manager. If you want you may disable this by going in to Services (services.msc) and disable the Lenovo Doze mode Service. There is also a known problem where by every restart this service crashes and shows a error message.

From:http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/doze-mode-service-program-and/td-p/375401

the crash in power manager 1.90 occurs because power manager is trying to access the active protection service.  On systems where the active protection service is not installed (or disabled), a crash can occur.  This is why some users don't see the problem even if they are using power manager 1.90.

Top kudoed Authors