cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olavrb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 130
Message 1 of 4

Dynamic URL to latest System Update, like the one for System Interface Foundation?

Hi,

Is there currently a URL which will dynamically serves the latest version of Lenovo System Update, like the one that exists for Lenovo System Interface Foundation (https://filedownload.lenovo.com/enm/sift/core/SystemInterfaceFoundation.exe)?

I'm looking at dynamically deploying the newest version of both of these at runtime using Intune with a PowerShell script inside a Win32 package with detection rules for successfull install. Already done this with Mozilla Firefox, would be sweet if I could create set and forget Intune packages for everything Lenovo aswell.

Best regards,

Lenovo Employee pjorgensen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 72
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dynamic URL to latest System Update, like the one for System Interface Foundation?

I would suggest looking into Chocolatey.  In my tenant, I have a PS script deployed to a device group that will install a few Chocolatey packages, one being System Update.  In the same script, a scheduled task is also created to auto update all Chocolatey packages that were installed at a time of my choosing. 

The System Update choco package stays current with what's available on Lenovo's site.  Hope this helps.

olavrb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 68
Message 3 of 4

Re: Dynamic URL to latest System Update, like the one for System Interface Foundation?

Thanks for the suggestion, but using Chocolatey is not an option for us.

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee pjorgensen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 62
Message 4 of 4

ok, if we come up with a solution it will be posted.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors