cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoonerLater
Serial Port
Views: 1,788
Message 1 of 2

ENDLESS LOOP: Lenovo Vantage Tells Me To Update a Driver That Vantage Says Is Already Up to Date.

In this first screenshot of Lenovo Vantage running under Windows 10 (64) on my X1 Yoga (1st generation), please notice where it says that I need to install Sierra Wireless EM7455 Software - 10 (64), version 7.47.4743.0105.  However, in the second screenshot, please notice where the Installation History shows that Sierra Wireless EM7455 Software - 10 (64), version 7.47.4743.0105 was successfully installed already. Everytime I boot up and run Lenovo Vantage to check for updates, it tells me that I need Sierra Wireless EM7455 Software - 10 (64), version 7.47.4743.0105 so I let it install it. Everytime I install it, the installation appears to be successful and my computer reboots, but then after rebooting, Lenovo Vantage again tells me that (1) I need it, (2) I already have it. 

This is crazy. 

In the third screenshot (looking at Windows Device Manager) I see the Sierra Wireless EM7455 Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A. The fourth screenshot shows that it is disabled. 

I will enable this and then retry to install the updated. I'll report back in a second posting on this thread whehter it works.  (I would leave this posting open and finish it later, but I'm afraid it woud all be lost when I reboot).

Lenovo_1.png

Lenovo_2.png

Lenovo_3.pngLenovo_4.png

SoonerLater
Serial Port
Views: 1,784
Message 2 of 2

Re: ENDLESS LOOP: Lenovo Vantage Tells Me To Update a Driver That Vantage Says Is Already Up to Date

After enabling the driver in Windows Device Manager, then again trying to update, the update was successful. After another reboot, Lenovo Vantage no longer show that this needs to be updated. 

I'm no programmer, but it seems to me that the Lenovo Vantage update program ought to be able to see whether a driver is disabled and to tell the user to enable it in order to allow successful of updating of the driver. My 2¢.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors