Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mack909
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,720
Message 11 of 40

Re: Firefox 3.6 and future add-on updates of Password Manager

I use password manager also and would like an update for CSS firefox3 patch so I can run firefox 3.6.

SteveInWA
SCSI Port
Views: 4,704
Message 12 of 40

The IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad fingerprint readers are made by Upek, so the Upek software ought to work.  You could download the trial to find out.

--Steve
mjdl
Token Ring
Views: 4,695
Message 13 of 40

Well, Lenovo seems to use Authentec readers in some (all?) of the ThinkPad W500 models, in my case specifically http://www.authentec.com/products-pcsandperipherals-aes2810.cfm I'm not dissatified: when the biometric sensitivity is set to maximum, false positives must be very rare, since even a dirtier or drier than when enrolled finger tip gets rejected, which is good!

The UPEK software suite seems to have more features than the Lenovo client security set and is more actively developed.

rabbichanan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,551
Message 14 of 40

Firstly, I am a total newbie.  I just switched from ie8 (slow & compromised) to the newest firefox (not as fast as Chrome, but more powerful)

When I go into thinkvantage password manager on my sl510 it lists firefox as an application that I can choose to support, yet I do not get password/fingerprint prompts... 

is this what everyone else is experiencing as well?

If so, I guess I must wait it out like the rest of you...

If not, how do I activate it?

Thanks.

Highlighted
bobrock
Serial Port
Views: 4,467
Message 15 of 40

Firefox 3.6 support

Revision: B
Updated: 1/28/2010 10:59:16 AM

Firefox 3.6 is supported by following versions of Protector Suite QL:

So this is a good news Smiley Very Happy

I have succesfuly installed ProtectorSuite 2009 + Firefox 3.6 + Updated Firefox Add-On on vanilla Windows XP on T61.

Everything works fine! (Fortunately T61 use UPEK's sensor)

One problem can be migration of password database entries from Lenovo's ThinkVantage Password Manager to UPEK's ProtectorSuite due to incompatibility of formats. (This got to be done manualy Smiley Wink)

Folks this is a solution for you if you want to use your fingerprint reader with latest FF 3.6 immediately Smiley Very Happy

Updated: 1/28/2010 10:59:16 AM

Time start... for Lenovo's update... Smiley Happy

Mack909
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,193
Message 16 of 40

There is another solution as well. Do a search for Firefox 3.6 in the forum and you should see a solution posted by Pavoratti. It works on T500.

Pavarotti
Punch Card
Views: 4,185
Message 17 of 40

Say what you want, but spell my name right.

Pavarotti

Mack909
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,166
Message 18 of 40

Sorry Pavarotti for mispelling your name, but your solution does work on 2081-CTO Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks very much.

manu555
Serial Port
Views: 4,087
Message 19 of 40

I have T61 wxp sp3 + ff 3.6 + Lenovo security solutino 5.9.2.5697 and i have installed the vanilla extension from the upek site....and it dint work for me, and after seeing in the lenovo forum I have tried to install the nightly build extension in firefox which says that it will fix the compatability issues, but my bad luck that dint work either. Can anyone please help me to use the latest Lenovo security solution 5.9.2.5697 with the latest version of firefox 3.6. U know what before upgrading the ff 3.6 version i had ff 3.5 and it was working fine with my lss 5.9.2.5697. I contacted UPEK they said to contact Lenovo and then Lenovo doesnt respond and I do not know when will they respond as well. I have searched all the forums and in google but all the effort was invain. Anyone please help me.

mtech
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,227
Message 20 of 40

I have finally gotten FF3.6 and TVPM to work for me!

With the help of the other thread on 3.5 (that is now for 3.6) and a zillion wasted hours, I'm up and running.

My solution (from other thread):

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkVantage-Technologies/Password-Manager-incompatible-with-Firefox-3-3...

Hope it works for you!

Top Kudoed Authors