Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Defender90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 261
Message 1 of 4

From where recovery media for T440s?

Have an usable T440s where the system is corrupted and need recovery media. OS is Win 7. Where could I get/buy this recovery media to return the T440s to factory original. Thank You.

Highlighted
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 259
Message 2 of 4

Re: From where recovery media for T440s?

@Defender90 wrote:

Have an usable T440s where the system is corrupted and need recovery media. OS is Win 7. Where could I get/buy this recovery media to return the T440s to factory original. Thank You.

Good day and welcome to the community.

If you contact Service/Support in your geographic location, you can ask about obtaining factory recovery media for your laptop. There is an associated cost, and they will verify serial number to determine OS eligibility.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 229
Message 3 of 4

Because of Lenovo’s licensing agreement with Microsoft, Lenovo can only legally provide the OS that was originally loaded on the machine. Having said that, though it is not being advertised, it seems Microsoft is not charging for upgrades to windows 10 on machines with windows 7 or 8 licenses in the BIOS, as long as you put on the correct edition (like Pro -> Pro). You can download windows 10 on a USB key here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Then install Lenovo Vantage (free from the Microsoft store) and let it install Lenovo drivers.
I cannot guarantee that the free upgrade will continue to be Mocrosoft's policy. It is simply my observation.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Defender90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 154
Message 4 of 4

Thank you, I was able to update from Win8 to Win10, it accepted my Win8 key. I just initiated the update from Microsoft and my

T440s is now running Win10. 

However the battery problem still exist. Can i be possible that because the unit sat for a long time, one of the batteries or both

are completely dead? Installed Vantage, but could not find any help from there.

Is there a way to test the batteries, haven't found a tool. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors