cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craig_Watson_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 503
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo BIOS setting configuration screen seems to be corrupt or broken in some way

Hi,

When I enter the BIOS settings through the advanced start-up options, after a couple of seconds of seeing the settings screen, it goes black and comes back on. Further to that as soon as I try to navigate it really gets of the rails and I get what can only be described as a duplicate screen over the current one just with a few less options. This is really odd.

I have completely re-installed windows with no other apps/programmes on the PC and I still get the same thing.

I am trying to fix an issue when installing "Local by Flywheel" it throws this error - "This computer doesn't have VT-X/AMD-v enabled. Enabling it in the BIOS is mandatory." - So i was told to edit this through the BIOS setup.

Please help this is killing me lol

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 454
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo BIOS setting configuration screen seems to be corrupt or broken in some way

Hi Craig and welcome to the Community,

Could you perhaps post which Lenovo system you have and which BIOS version is installed?  The full system type number would be best, e.g. 80HJ0000UK or similar. If it includes CTO please provide some information on how the system is configured; especially important to know is exactly which CPU the system has.

Without the above information members are going to find it difficult to assist you.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Craig_Watson_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 446
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo BIOS setting configuration screen seems to be corrupt or broken in some way

Hi Andy,

Good news, I managed to find out what was causing the problem and and rectify it so I could update the BIOS as required for the software.

I currently use 2 AOC monitors, one is an extension of the main screen. One monitor uses d-sub connection and the other HDMI, simply because that is what is available on the machine. I managed to speak with Lenovo support and they suggested a graphics card issue. This made me think to try and disconnect one monitor and see what happened. Well, for some reason beyond my understanding the BIOS settings screen worked perfectly. I truly have no idea why that would make a difference but the issue is resolved and I have let the folks at "Local by Flywheel" know that other may hit this issues if they use multiple screens.

Thanks

Craig

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors