Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken84
Not applicable
Views: 5,226
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Companion 3.0 and Lenovo System Interface Driver/Foundation

I have a problem with the Lenovo Systems Interface Foundation Driver. It's not working although it shows under System Devices to be installed, the latest version, but I cannot use any of my Lenovo apps. Under events in Systems Devices it has a note that says : "Device ROOT\SYSTEM\0003 requires further installtion" What can I do th get the driver working as it should.

Thanks

Agotthelf
Not applicable
Views: 5,169
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Companion 3.0 and Lenovo System Interface Driver/Foundation

Hi Ken84,

theres a new App Lenovo Vantage in the Windows store which replace the Lenovo Companion App.

Have you tried this?
I need to install Lenovo Settings from the Windows store too, in order to get every Lenovo App running as is should.

Best
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Lenovo Yoga C930, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T460s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Ken84
Not applicable
Views: 5,155
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Adreas for your reply, I also have the Lenovo Vantage installed, but it won't open and show as msg saying to either restart, and if that doesn't fix the problem, then to update the Lenovo Foundation SW. I've done both and nothing seems to work. I'm at the point now that I think I'll attempt to uninstall the Foundation  driver and the reinstall and see if that will fix the problems.  Any further ideas appreciated.

Ken

hzfdbd
Not applicable
Views: 5,101
Message 4 of 9

what is the version of IMC in your system.
Now IMC is a device shown in device manager called service interface foudation driver (V2 device). And the latest version is 1.1.13
Ken84
Not applicable
Views: 5,088
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for your input. It is Version 1.1.13.0 and was installed 11/7/2017. Should I uninstall and then reinstall the driver? If I do are there special instructions that I need to follow?
hzfdbd
Not applicable
Views: 5,058
Message 6 of 9

Did you notice that Service "Lenovo IMContnroller service" is still running?
And if you go to event log, windows->Application.
Did you see any crash informtion about this service.
I suggest you to uninstall and re-install again.
And it will need several reboot to download all necessary component from background. Or you could just manually start /stop IMController service
Ken84
Not applicable
Views: 5,041
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for your input. I checked and found that the IMC Controller service was stopped, tried to start and got this msg: This service cannot be started because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

What would you recommend I do? You suggested I uninstall and reinstall. I cannot find the Lenovo Interface under apps, only in system devices, should I uninstall from System Devices and then download and try to reinstall?

Thanks for your help, you can appreciate that I'm not an expert at trying to fix this problem

Ken
hzfdbd
Not applicable
Views: 5,032
Message 8 of 9

You could directly uninstall this device.
Currently it is installed as a driver.
Once you installed from Vantage prompts. this device would be re-installed again
Ken84
Not applicable
Views: 5,022
Message 9 of 9

Thanks again for your help. I did what you suggested and now my Lenovo apps are once again working. It appears the Foundation Driver had a problem caused by the latest Windows 10 update on my laptop. The Vantage app seemed to stop a couple of times when I did my hardware scan, but it automatically came back to life and completed the scan, telling me all is well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors