Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 6 (390 Views)

Lenovo Companion app v.4.5.3.0 Chinese text

[ Edited ]

Hello,

This morning my Companion app updated to version 4.5.3.0 on X1 Yoga. The power settings page now is unreadable for me (its in some eastern language, see screenshot). I tried to post about this earlier, but even your forums are not working properly- as soon i hit the "New message" button, i get a "Nginx 502-bad gateway" error from your web services. I hope your web services wil let me post this message to you. Have a great day.Companion App screenshotCompanion App screenshot

Lenovo Staff
Message 2 of 6 (348 Views)

Re: Lenovo Companion app v.4.5.3.0 Chinese text

Sorry for this trouble.  Can you let me know what your region and language settings are?  I want to try to reproduce this here.  On my system where region is United States and language is English (United States), all of the text is in english.

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 6 (307 Views)

Thank you for your fast response. The system locale, region, language set to Latvia/Latvian.(usually your software shows captions in english as it is not translated to latvian)

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Message 4 of 6 (294 Views)

I tried setting Latvian as shown below (and rebooting) but that text in Companion is still showing as english and not as chinese.  Can you double-check my screenshot to make sure I set the region/language correctly?  Do you think there is any other setting I have to apply?  Finally, can you please try uninstalling Companion and then re-installing it from the Windows Store (just search for Lenovo Companion in the store to re-install it).

latvian.jpg

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 6 (284 Views)

I just turned my laptop on, the windows store app updated the companion app again (same version number , interesting windows store behavior) and the captions are correct now. Thank you for the fast support. 

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6 (102 Views)

I have this same exact problem. My Lenovo Companion app is up to date. My region and/language is set correctly to USA/English.
Top kudoed Authors