Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peppe89ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,409
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo One Key Recovery 8

I have a problem with One Key Recovery 8. Since I had to change my first Lenovo Notebook I did the backup through OKR. The Backup image is 130 GB. When I try to restore all data on my new Lenovo Notebook I get this massage " The image file is not valid". Is there any way to restore all my data? I trusted Lenovo Software and I have not any other copy of my documents!

Highlighted
peppe89ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,385
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo One Key Recovery 8

No Solutions?

peppe89ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,218
Message 3 of 8

It is interesting that no one from Lenove Customer Service has answered my question. Excellent quality. Surely this is the last time that I buy Lenovo!

Martinbxl
Paper Tape
Views: 1,206
Message 4 of 8

Hi Peppe,

I think this is not possible a better way is cloning your partitions.

You can use this manual as lead

http://takeitoff.be/index.php/migrate-your-original-oem-installation-to-a-ssd-disk-with-less-capacit...

peppe89ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,164
Message 5 of 8

"Go to disk management and check the layout of the original Disk. Write down all the partitions". I don't have the original Laptop. I have only the backup of Lenovo G50-70, then I bought Lenovo G50-80 and I want to restore my backup on my new Laptop.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,145
Message 6 of 8

The answer you dont want to hear.

One Key Recovery is VERY specific. and down right not friendly at times.

(1)old machine xxx,with Exact partitions, Exact size. You have the backup image.

(2)You aquire similar machine,with a DIFFERENT HDD layout.

(3)Any restore will fail.

==

Your newer machine must have the EXACT HDD layout as the backup machine. 

I dont think it has to be pre-formated???

If old machine was 160GB in size, restore new machine HDD has to be Exactly 160GB in size.  Before formatting and partitions added.

The workaround post you noted  aluded to this.

==

Is it possible to use the backup image? yes. jump, dance, and rock to get there. YES.

==

The basics. OKR is very specific. I like the C drive, and D drive for backup of the image. If you make any partition change, OKR croaks. If you install a bigger HDD, OK will croak.  You are required to make bigger HDD partitions look EXACTLY like old HDD, C and D drive. ***pain in the rumb**. You would have to have to had peaked inside OLD HDD to see this layout table, which you dont have now.

Yuck! That is what you are up against.

Your old HDD is gone with the wind.  You only choice is to install a blank 160GB HDD  as  a workaround.  Then "TRY" okr restore.  You are bypassing the Exact partition layout problem. If your newer machine has different HDD, you not in a good place.

What was fun at the beach aint fun at home!.  You are not the 1st victim of OKR. 

==

Dare not try Lenovo shipped win 8 with factory partition and OKR and Upgrade to win 10 and try OKR restore back to win 8. ZERO. Lenovo only warrants a machine for 1 year, without extended insurance.

peppe89ba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,117
Message 7 of 8

Thanks sclexman for your answer. Unfortunatelly you confirmed my fears. To sum up, my unique possibility is to install a blank HHD with the same features of the previous one, right? Have you tried this solution?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,111
Message 8 of 8

I dont have OKR.  I have never used OKR.  I have read alot of posts about OKR. My GUESS is a blank HDD would be required, not one with predefined partitions.  Maybe a forum OKR user could share their experience. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors