Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RafaelSendrea
Paper Tape
Views: 7,118
Message 101 of 251

Re: Lenovo Vantage Battery Conservation mode gone? Help

I did notice too, the app updated but i didn't notice a change, i still not see the conservation mode
Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 6,949
Message 102 of 251

All,

Sorry for this trouble.  This is a defect in Lenovo System Interface Foundation, not in Lenovo Vantage.  To fix the problem, you have to patch Lenovo System Interface Foundation, or else wait until we release the next version.  If you want to patch it, here are the instructions:

First, please download IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip from one of the following links.  These links are pointing to the same files, so you only need to download one.  If one of the links doesn't work for you, try the other one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ladx9cjs1sgd1y3/IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhbQXoxVpqOWjkwHo9A

Once you have IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip, extract it to your desktop or some other folder that you can remember.  Then:

1.  Close Lenovo Vantage

2.  Open Task Manager.  (If you never run Task Manager before, you have to click on "More Details")  Then click on "Services" tab.

3.  Sort the list of services by name, then find "ImControllerService".  Right-click on it, then stop it.

4.  Open File Explorer.  Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Note that "C:\ProgramData" is a hidden folder, so you have to type this path into the File Explorer, or else configure File Explorer to show hidden files.

5.  Find the "IdeaNotebookPlugin" folder, and delete this folder.  

6.  Copy the IdeaNotebookPlugin folder that you extracted from the .zip, to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Basically you want to replace the folder that you deleted in step 5, with the new folder.

7.  When you are done, you should have "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaNotebookPlugin" and inside this folder should be "x64", "x86", and "PluginManifest".

8.  Reboot the PC

9.  Run Vantage, is the setting back?  If not, may need to close Vantage and then open it again.

htimsit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,917
Message 103 of 251

Tks is this fix for all hardware types ?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 6,911
Message 104 of 251

@htimsit wrote:

Tks is this fix for all hardware types ?

It is the patch for systems that previously showed Conservation Mode.

Not all systems support Conservation Mode.  For example:  Y90017ISK, Y900, Miix510, V330-15KB/ISK, and Yoga330 don't support it.

JSBoom
Punch Card
Views: 6,899
Message 105 of 251

@someotherguy wrote:

All,

Sorry for this trouble.  This is a defect in Lenovo System Interface Foundation, not in Lenovo Vantage.  To fix the problem, you have to patch Lenovo System Interface Foundation, or else wait until we release the next version.  If you want to patch it, here are the instructions:

First, please download IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip from one of the following links.  These links are pointing to the same files, so you only need to download one.  If one of the links doesn't work for you, try the other one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ladx9cjs1sgd1y3/IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhbQXoxVpqOWjkwHo9A

Once you have IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip, extract it to your desktop or some other folder that you can remember.  Then:

1.  Close Lenovo Vantage

2.  Open Task Manager.  (If you never run Task Manager before, you have to click on "More Details")  Then click on "Services" tab.

3.  Sort the list of services by name, then find "ImControllerService".  Right-click on it, then stop it.

4.  Open File Explorer.  Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Note that "C:\ProgramData" is a hidden folder, so you have to type this path into the File Explorer, or else configure File Explorer to show hidden files.

5.  Find the "IdeaNotebookPlugin" folder, and delete this folder.  

6.  Copy the IdeaNotebookPlugin folder that you extracted from the .zip, to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Basically you want to replace the folder that you deleted in step 5, with the new folder.

7.  When you are done, you should have "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaNotebookPlugin" and inside this folder should be "x64", "x86", and "PluginManifest".

8.  Reboot the PC

9.  Run Vantage, is the setting back?  If not, may need to close Vantage and then open it again.

HI! Good news! it has worked and conservation mode has returned! Thank you very much! Now I just hope this really is the fix you did and we'll not lose it anymore again!

Capture.PNG

almasim95
Paper Tape
Views: 6,890
Message 106 of 251

proof.jpgVantage proofI managed to make it work with the following workaround on a y720 :

1) Download and install: https://support.lenovo.com/my/ro/downloads/ds030850 (I know it says for windows 8 and 8.1.. but it also works on windows 10.)

2) install it and give it a reboot your PC

3) Once you booted up and logged in into windows, press windows key and R like in photo belowWindows-key-plus-R.jpg

4) write in : "shell:common startup" (without quotes and press ok, this will help you run the software everytime you login)

run.jpg

5)Now you need to create a shortcut of the Lenovo Energy Management 8.0 in the windows just opened

aaa.jpg

The shortcut will point to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\Energy Management.exe" where C: is the partition where you have installed the Lenovo Energy Management.

Warning!! : You should make the shortcut inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\ and then copy it to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

After all this steps reboot your pc and when you log in the app should start up.

If you cannot see it , look in taskbar for the car icon and double click on it.

task.jpg 

soft.jpgLenovo Energy Management 8.0You have now two options : Optimized Battery Health (a.k.a Conservation Mode) or Maximum Battery (normal charge)

Pick Optimized Battery Health and Conservation mode will work (it will always charge to 60% as you used to)

Have a nice day! I still wait for an official fix for the Lenovo Vantage app. 

almasim95
Paper Tape
Views: 6,839
Message 107 of 251

It worked for me ()Smiley Happy A better solution than mine. After reboot conservation mode is still there. Thank you very much.

MichaelPH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,817
Message 108 of 251

I am affraid that your patch does not work on my y520 notebook.

after patched and restarted 1st timeCapture.PNG

Then I restarted second time and close and open my vantage again and again. It becomes

Capture2.PNG

Lenovo Employee FangTian
Lenovo Employee
Views: 6,796
Message 109 of 251

Maybe the 3rd time is OK, because we say that the 2 times means that you open Lenovo Vantage and navigate to power section successfully, please have a try, thanks.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 6,784
Message 110 of 251

Your first screenshot "Vantage has Encountered a problem" shows something wrong that is not at all related to the patch.

If you did other things to try to fix this problem previously, you may need to undo them.  Also, please double-check the version of the file at "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaNoteBookPlugin\x64\IdeaNotebookPlugin.dll", it should be 1.2.59.17 after a successful patch.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors