Did you mean: 
Lobezno
Punch Card
Views: 1,283
Message 111 of 254

Re: Lenovo Vantage Battery Conservation mode gone? Help

@someotherguy wrote:

All,

Sorry for this trouble.  This is a defect in Lenovo System Interface Foundation, not in Lenovo Vantage.  To fix the problem, you have to patch Lenovo System Interface Foundation, or else wait until we release the next version.  If you want to patch it, here are the instructions:

First, please download IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip from one of the following links.  These links are pointing to the same files, so you only need to download one.  If one of the links doesn't work for you, try the other one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ladx9cjs1sgd1y3/IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip?dl=0

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhbQXoxVpqOWjkwHo9A

Once you have IdeaNoteBookPlugin.zip, extract it to your desktop or some other folder that you can remember.  Then:

1.  Close Lenovo Vantage

2.  Open Task Manager.  (If you never run Task Manager before, you have to click on "More Details")  Then click on "Services" tab.

3.  Sort the list of services by name, then find "ImControllerService".  Right-click on it, then stop it.

4.  Open File Explorer.  Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Note that "C:\ProgramData" is a hidden folder, so you have to type this path into the File Explorer, or else configure File Explorer to show hidden files.

5.  Find the "IdeaNotebookPlugin" folder, and delete this folder.  

6.  Copy the IdeaNotebookPlugin folder that you extracted from the .zip, to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins".  Basically you want to replace the folder that you deleted in step 5, with the new folder.

7.  When you are done, you should have "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaNotebookPlugin" and inside this folder should be "x64", "x86", and "PluginManifest".

8.  Reboot the PC

9.  Run Vantage, is the setting back?  If not, may need to close Vantage and then open it again.

working!!!

i close a icon battery in the task bar and open and close two times lenovo vantage and show the option

thanks

grettings from spain

McKikious
Paper Tape
Views: 1,270
Message 112 of 254

Your patch does not work for me (Ideapad 720-13IKB)! I performed it exactly as you wrote and nothing, moreover, the vantage app does not even show the USB chargin option now! Opened and closed the app for many times, reinstalled it, nothing works. I would appreciate if you would really solve this problem, instead of marking this topic as solved, while it does not work for everyone!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,253
Message 113 of 254

If you did other things to try to fix this problem previously, you may need to undo them.  Also, please double-check the version of the file at "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaNoteBookPlugin\x64\IdeaNotebookPlugin.dll", it should be 1.2.59.17 after a successful patch.

McKikious
Paper Tape
Views: 1,243
Message 114 of 254

I undid everything, even rebooted before I patched it. How do I check the version of that file? By the way, after the patch, not only did the USB charging option disappeared, but the app is unable to tell me more details about the battery (like its state, etc.)

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,232
Message 115 of 254

@McKikious wrote:

I undid everything, even rebooted before I patched it. How do I check the version of that file? By the way, after the patch, not only did the USB charging option disappeared, but the app is unable to tell me more details about the battery (like its state, etc.)

Find the file in File Explorer, right-click on it, Properties, and click on the Details tab.  If you post a screenshot of this with File Explorer in the background, it will tell me whether you patched successfully or not.

MichaelPH
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,228
Message 116 of 254

I would rather look forward to seeing your official update after I tried the patch which does not work. What I have done is exactly the same as your procedures wrote
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,214
Message 117 of 254

@MichaelPH wrote:
I would rather look forward to seeing your official update after I tried the patch which does not work. What I have done is exactly the same as your procedures wrote

The official update in a couple weeks is going to be the exact same file.  It will just be installed automatically from lenovo server rather than installed manually as per my instructions.  So if you followed my instructions and the patch doesn't work for you, the official update won't work either.  But it's your choice whether I try to help you figure it out now, or if you want to wait until later.

McKikious
Paper Tape
Views: 1,201
Message 118 of 254

I checked and the version agrees with what it should be.

zhonglx
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,189
Message 119 of 254

This patch has worked on my ideapad 720S13IKB. Thanks!

McKikious
Paper Tape
Views: 1,184
Message 120 of 254

Well I have the same laptop but for me it did nothing, so it is definitely not a solution.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors