Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muonium
Punch Card
Views: 4,438
Message 21 of 257

Re: Lenovo Vantage Battery Conservation mode gone? Help

Valdog, thank you so much for your help! Your steps worked for me, and Conservation Mode is back!

For reference, I did the following:

1. Uninstall Lenovo Vantage

2. In Device Manager, under System devices, uninstalled:

- Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller; and

- System Interface Foundation V2 Device

3. Reboot

4. Install Lenovo Vantage

5. Launch Lenovo Vantage

6. Download and install the System Interface Foundation V2 file when prompted by Lenovo Vantage

7. Reboot when prompted

I then launched Lenovo Vantage, but the power options had reduced even more - the Always On USB option was missing as well as the Battery Conservation Mode

8. Hard reboot. This involves:

- Shutting down Windows

- Pressing and holding the power button for around 30 seconds. Windows will start booting, but will stop as power is withdrawn from the laptop.

After the hard reboot, I started Windows, launched Lenovo Vantage, and all my Power Options were back!

Thank you all who contributed to the thread, and I hope that everybody can get all their Power Options back.

kalufa
Punch Card
Views: 4,396
Message 22 of 257

when I saw that there was a new opinion on the subject, I was glad that maybe there was a solution to the problem. I repeat verbatim all the steps ... at last I made a hard restart, but alas to me all this did not work again. We will obviously wait for a hot fix ... hope to be quick too. After all, I do not understand why when one thing works seamlessly, it needs to be upgraded. Here's the result. Unable to operate basic functions.
JSBoom
Punch Card
Views: 4,320
Message 23 of 257

Same problem here. got my way through getting the Conservation Mode back, hope it works.

_Peek
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,204
Message 24 of 257

The Lenovo Battery Conservation issue is ongoing for at least the past 4 years !

Is Lenovo expecting the community to fix the issue ?

Why isn't Lenovo resolving this ?

JSBoom
Punch Card
Views: 4,195
Message 25 of 257

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht104070 I'm wondering if anybody has tried this? Will this work? I just bought the Y520 the other day and don't make me regret or I will demand a request for this :/ or are they going to entertain it?

milyas31
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,171
Message 26 of 257

I'm using Y920. Unluckily, i don't have the threshold option. I think it's only for thinkpad series.
Muonium
Punch Card
Views: 4,167
Message 27 of 257

Update: My Conservation Mode option has disappeared again, but since I managed to turn it off before it disappeared it seems like it has now stuck "on". For me, this is better than it being stuck "off"!

And I also have a Y920, and don't get to set the battery thresholds. I've seen that option on Thinkpads, but I think us poor brethren just get a toggle switch of "on" or "off".

Conservation Mode.png

JSBoom
Punch Card
Views: 4,159
Message 28 of 257

@Muonium wrote:

Update: My Conservation Mode option has disappeared again, but since I managed to turn it off before it disappeared it seems like it has now stuck "on". For me, this is better than it being stuck "off"!

And I also have a Y920, and don't get to set the battery thresholds. I've seen that option on Thinkpads, but I think us poor brethren just get a toggle switch of "on" or "off".

Conservation Mode.png

So I'm guessing the only problem then is the toggle switch. Why can't lenovo fix it. I'll try your way. You sure you turned it "off" and not "on?"

milyas31
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,155
Message 29 of 257

I wonder is it have something with the fast charge option? Because my y920 conservation mode went gone after i used fast charge option
JSBoom
Punch Card
Views: 4,145
Message 30 of 257

I managed to get mine back when I updated the lenovo driver, turned the switch on, and when I minimized it and got back, it's gone. I hate using the fast charge since it damages the battery faster.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors