Message 61 of 269

Re: Lenovo Vantage Battery Conservation mode gone? Help

Me too, there is no new update for Lenovo vantage
McKikious
Paper Tape
Views: 4,427
Message 62 of 269

The workaround does not work for me. Hope Lenovo will provide us with a full solution in the form of a new version of the Vantage app.

maledictis
Punch Card
Views: 4,042
Message 63 of 269

These steps worked for my Yoga 920; Conservation Mode is back.

FYI the version number of my Vantage app did not change. It's still 4.9.183.0. You can check your version from the Vantage main page by clicking the unlabeled menu icon (it's the one with the 3x3 matrix of squares in the upper-left corner), then selecting Preferences (Yeah, I know. Who looks for a version number on a Preferences window, right? It belongs in an About... window.) The version number is in the Lenovo Vantage Information section at the top of the Preferences page.

Reinstalling the Vantage app and also the two drivers are necessary but insufficient steps. As Valdog and Muonium point out, you must also do a HARD reboot/restart, of your machine (NOT simply a soft reboot) to finish the process.

The full procedure seems to have straightened out whatever had become corrupted or misaligned after the recent update to Vantage 4.9.183.0.

Thanks to all for the help with this.

And now the lecture. I'm not mad at you, Lenovo. I'm disappointed.

Lenovo, please test your apps more thoroughly on all currently available versions of Windows, before releasing them to the Microsoft Store and/or pushing out updates. This is sloppy software development. Shame on you.

Yeah, we know. Testing is a pain in the *ss, especially with so many different Lenovo models and versions of those models, multiplied by the number of different versions of Windows.

But you know what's an even bigger pain in *ss? Expecting your customers to be your beta testers without our express consent. Not acceptable, not OK, not cool.

droft1312
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,123
Message 64 of 269

Has anyone found a 100% solution?

kalufa
Punch Card
Views: 4,103
Message 65 of 269

be sure that with this mass problem, if someone finds a 100% solution, they will share it with the whole world :-)
maledictis
Punch Card
Views: 4,042
Message 66 of 269

4.9.183.0 is the latest. You have the right version. That's not the issue here. There are other things you need to do to bring back Conservation Mode. See previous posts with step-by-step instructions, including uninstalling and reinstalling 4.9.184.0 and the removal of a couple of devices in the Control Panel (which will be automatically re-installed) and doing a HARD restart/reboot of your machine.
maledictis
Punch Card
Views: 4,040
Message 67 of 269

See Muonium's post (#21 in this thread) for step-by-step instructions that resolve the Conservation Mode issue. Every step he lists is essential, all the way through the HARD restart/reboot of your machine.

maledictis
Punch Card
Views: 4,040
Message 68 of 269

The problem is not the version of Vantage. See Muonium's post (message 21 in this thread) for step-by-step instructions for fixing this issue.
kalufa
Punch Card
Views: 4,019
Message 69 of 269

If you had read carefully all the posts after that of Muonium, you would have understood that even his decision was not 100% successful. I personally am one of those who have tried everything in this topic (step by step) and I have not yet found a solution to the problem. Moreover, in one of the earlier posts an employee of Lenovo (Helen12345) says "Thanks a lot for your great help on this issue, with your help, We finally find the root cause, we are tring our best to fix it now" . this I mean only one ..... you can guess.You are also right. The tricks mentioned in this topic have helped several people

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,937
Message 70 of 269

All,

Thank you for the vauable input in this discussion.  Engineers believe they have a fix and have provided me with their fix for you to test if you would like to.

If you are interested in testing the fix please contact me by private message and I will provide instructions and the fix. This fix is only for IdeaPad products. The conditions for testing this fix are as follows; you have participated in this discussion before this (my) post and you understand that this version of the fix is not an official release and cannot be shared with others. You also accept that you are responsible, should something not be in order, for returning your system to the state it was in before installing the fix.

Please enter the subject of this discussion thread as the subject of your private message if you are interested.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors