Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cb1173
Paper Tape
Views: 6,669
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Vantage cannot sign in

I recently purchased a Lenovo Legion Y520, for various reasons i had to do a fresh install of the OS so used the NOVO button, when the system restarted Lenovo Vantage was not installed so i installed it from the Microsoft Store. The program runs but when i try and sign in i constantly get 'Oops, we've encountered an error, Please try again' message.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vantage but nothing works, Please help.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 6,369
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Vantage cannot sign in

Dear user

we had a server redirect on 01/12 and we are fixing this issue now. the reason is you don't have lenovo account plugin installed. once we have the server redirect done. you will be able to sign in again. sorry for any inconvenience. this issue will be fixed automatically in 1 day or 2.

Rezarei
What's DOS?
Views: 5,993
Message 3 of 9

I still have this problem and it hasn't solved yet. Is there any solution for it?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 5,941
Message 4 of 9

OK.

3 possible reasons

1. please  check if this plugin exists on your system   "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoAccountPlugin". if not, please check your IMController service and restart this service to see if it can download this plugin(you don't need to keep looking at this, give it 1 or 2 hour and check the folder again)

2. if the plugin exists, please check your time zone and time/date settings is correct or not

3. if the plugin exists and time/dates are correct, please go to "Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager, check windows credentials and delete all lenovoID... lenovosso...related tokens and relaunch vantage

please let us know if this solves the problem, we are sorry for any inconvenience.

XTREMEPRAVIN25
Paper Tape
Views: 5,224
Message 5 of 9

I also have this issue, but I don't have the plugins folder and I've installed all the files that were needed. 

NixDa
What's DOS?
Views: 4,781
Message 6 of 9

same with mine. just bought lenovo, installed the lenovo vantage but can't sign in. Please advise. Thanks.

Frankie3s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,533
Message 7 of 9

For me, since I ran the enterprise version of Lenovo Vantage it created registry entries that block logins, system updates (as expected). When I had tried to install the regular consumer version, even though I had properly uninstalled the enterprise version, both the system updates and Lenovo login options didn't work.

I found the solution to be as follows:
1) install the enterprise version (do a google search and you will find it)
2) After installation, edit the registry (admin privileges are required) and look for the following registry key:Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins
3) In that key, look for LenovoAccountPlugin, LenovoAuthenticationPlugin, LenovoSystemUpdatePlugin and edit the imc-block from 1 to 0.
4) Reboot computer
5) Open up Lenovo Vantage and select Lenovo ID to sign in. A message will appear saying that the account plugin will be downloading and will be taking sometime. Check back in 15 minutes.
6) That's it. You're now back in business.
tklaut74
What's DOS?
Views: 1,648
Message 8 of 9

There is probably a simpler solution. After installing the software "Lenovo System Interface Foundation," the registration in Lenovo Vantage worked.

Chanakyareborn
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 9 of 9

Vantage Sign In Screen.jpgThis happens when i click login on the home screen

This happens when I click on the "login" button on the home screen of the vantage app. It won't proceed any further from here! Can you help? I checked all that you said earlier and found them in place.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors