Did you mean: 
djnemeth
Punch Card
Views: 1,590
Message 31 of 36

Re: Lenovo Vantage constantly resets power settings

@hzfdbd wrote:

@djnemeth,

When you enable chargtheshold in vantage, close vantage and open, is it still enabled?

What if you reset the vantage in All Settings->Application?

And please check if tools below is working for your machine.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/Q-amp-A-setting-a-ThinkPad-battery-charge...

If not, then some drivers are not correctly installed in your system.

EDIT: this is outdated, see #28.

After enabling threshold in Vantage, closing and reopening it, the setting appears as disabled. This also happens if I leave Vantage open, after ca. 20 seconds it gets disabled automatically. Independently of what I can see in Vantage, after setting a threshold it's actually in effect (i.e. the battery is not charging) until a system reboot. Then battery starts charging again.

Resetting Vantage did not help.

I tried the command line tool you suggested. See the interaction below:

D:\>ChargeThreshold on 80
Charge threshold is turned ON for Battery #1.
Charge threshold is turned ON for Battery #2.
Charge threshold for Battery #1: OFF.
Charge threshold for Battery #2: OFF.

Running ChargeThreshold off starts charging the battery. Then running ChargeThreshold on 80 stops charging, but the output still displays that thresholds are off.

djnemeth
Punch Card
Views: 1,585
Message 32 of 36

@someotherguy wrote:

@userXt wrote:

They provided me with a fix for this and now setting the Charge Threshold is working!!

I asked them to post it here, so you can give it a try.

Here is the information which I previously provided to userXt privately:

Please download this and unzip:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhfxnu8_lt314CuJqXA

Then double-click on the EXE, wait for success message, and reboot the system.  We found a bug where the Lenovo Power Manager driver installer doesn't set the correct registry permissions on some EU versions of Win10.  This tool should fix the permissions.

Success! Running this indeed fixed setting the charge threshold both in the command-line tool and in Vantage. The threshold displays correctly and is actually in effect, even after a system reboot. A really interesting bug for sure, and I'm happy that it's finally caught.

Sorry for my previous posts, I really should have read the entire thread before starting to write replies.

I still have one request though. I still can't disable 30 Day Standby. Could this be another instance of the same issue?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,512
Message 33 of 36

@djnemeth wrote:

I still have one request though. I still can't disable 30 Day Standby. Could this be another instance of the same issue?

We confirmed that it's the same issue.  We'll make another version of the tool to fix it, hopefully later this week.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,498
Message 34 of 36

Please try this version of the tool:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhfxpTj0V7T52H2OY1Q

Just unzip and run the EXE.  Any questions let me know.

djnemeth
Punch Card
Views: 1,421
Message 35 of 36

@someotherguy wrote:

Please try this version of the tool:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhfxpTj0V7T52H2OY1Q

Just unzip and run the EXE.  Any questions let me know.

Now all power settings work correctly! I find it remarkable that on this forum not only do you connect users and developers, but also offer hotfixes based on the received feedback. Thank you for your help and keep up the good work!

KoepenickDrums
Paper Tape
Views: 1,291
Message 36 of 36

This IMMEDIATELY worked for my E480, too. Thanks so much! I was desperate =)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors