Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmanza_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,797
Message 1 of 27

Lenovo Vantage doesn't open

I have an Ideapad 320, and I used Lenovo Vantage to update the drivers, BIOS, etc. But suddenly, the app stopped working. When I try to open it, the loading screen appears for less than one second and it closes.

I've tried to reinstall the app through Windows Store, and also to uninstall System Interface Foundation driver, as a lot of posts related to this said, but nothing works.

Is there any way to make it work again?

Btw, I don't have Insider Previews of Windows installed, I'm on Windows 10 Falls Creators Update.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 10,772
Message 2 of 27

Re: Lenovo Vantage doesn't open

Hi dmanza_ thanks for posting in our community! 

You may try the resolution provided below then let us know if that will fixed the issue. 

Uninstall Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo System Interface Foundation. After reboot install Lenovo Vantage from Microsoft store again, but not Lenovo System Interface Foundation. After opening Lenovo Vantage, there will be a link to latest Lenovo System Interface Foundation , download and install it. 

Also to uninstall Lenovo System Interface Foundation see below

https://lnv.gy/2AXiWJt

Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dmanza_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,769
Message 3 of 27

Yes, I know that solution, but, as I said, it doesn't work to me. If I do that, when I reinstall Lenovo Vantage, it closes again instead of asking me to download the SIF.

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 10,722
Message 4 of 27

Is service IMC service in running ?

And what about other store apps, are they closed too?

dmanza_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,708
Message 5 of 27

Yes, that service is running, and my other apps work fine. In the Event Viewer, it appears the error related to this, which ID is 10010. It says:

"El servidor E046963F.LenovoCompanion_4.15.58.0_x86__k1h2ywk1493x8!App no se registró con DCOM dentro del tiempo de espera requerido."

Translated to english, it would be:

"The server E046963F.LenovoCompanion_4.15.58.0_x86__k1h2ywk1493x8!App did not register with DCOM within the wainting time required."

As a curiosity, I get notifications from the app, like the one that tells me to enable Lenovo WiFi Security (attached image).

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 10,673
Message 6 of 27

It seems that Vantage is not correctly register in your system.

You may try to the following step to re-register Vantage:

1)Click search PowerShell,

2)and right click the "windows powershell" and select run in administrator.

3)Copy and following text into command and enter return key to run

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name E046963F.LenovoCompanion | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

dmanza_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,661
Message 7 of 27

Nothing happens, I get the same error in Event Viewer... As I've seen in the internet, this problem is related to some permissions related to the app in regedit, but I don't know where the register key that causes the problem is.

Highlighted
dmanza_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,642
Message 8 of 27

I solved it. Apparently it was a Windows problem, and it was fixed by reinstalling Windows 10 from Media Creation Tool (without deleting my data). If someone is experiencing the same, I tell you the steps:

1. Download and run Media Creation Tool (from the button called "Download tool now".

2. Select "Upgrade this PC now" and wait until the download finishes.

3. In the confirmation window, make sure that it says "Keep all your data AND applications" (or something similar). You won't lose anything from your computer.

5. Continue the remaining steps until Windows starts the reinstallation. It could take a long time.

6. Once it finishes, the computer will reboot and make some preparations before logging you into your account.

7. Just check if Lenovo Vantage opens (or other apps that could have given you the same error).

dmanza_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,632
Message 9 of 27

And also thanks to hzfdbd and

tony-b
What's DOS?
Views: 10,478
Message 10 of 27

Thank you. This took a little time but it completely resolved the problem for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors