cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NKMANJULA
What's DOS?
Views: 3,022
Message 21 of 35

Re: Lenovo WiFi Security: What is it and what does it do?

"Lenovo wifi security is monitoring your connection. Jio wifi is complaint."

What does it mean? 

Dean29
What's DOS?
Views: 2,826
Message 22 of 35

Re: Just disable it

When using this wifi security feature, I've noticed that the icon in the taskbar tray is constantly "on" indicating "Your location is currently in use".  Beyond the privacy concerns, does this impact battery life?  I'm going to turn this feature off.  Thank you.

Jgrnt
What's DOS?
Views: 2,321
Message 23 of 35

Anything new on this?  The notifications are annoying, but I don't want to disable notifications for all of Lenovo Vantage.  I just want to stop the WiFi security notifications.

CharlyAR
802.11n
Views: 2,299
Message 24 of 35

No, nothing. And I've never seen one single notification from Lenovo Vantage which isn't some annoying SPAM.

Only functionality it has is to enable/disable some screen and privacy settings and even then is quite user un-friendly to say the least.

Updates can be executed manually. I have disabled all the notifications for Lenovo Vantage and any moment now I'm just going to uninstall it. 99% fatware.

_

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd Gen, ThinkPad X230, ThinkPad S430, ThinkPad T420, ThinkPad E420s, ThinkPad E10s

thehuges
Paper Tape
Views: 689
Message 25 of 35

@someotherguy, It has been 16 months since you posted that you contacted Lenovo Security and were waiting for their reply. It seems this is still a serious and annoying problem (I just got the "suspicious/malicious" warning on my home WiFi network). Please update.

@someotherguy wrote:

All,

We have heard your feedback about the 2 items reported here:

1.  Not enough information about what Lenovo WiFi Security is, what it does, how it works, or why someone should enable it

2.  The report from user Bimme that their home network was flagged as suspicious with no additional information about what the problem is.

I don't have any answers yet, but I have forwarded this feedback to the Lenovo WiFi Security team and waiting for their reply.

GFLZR
What's DOS?
Views: 661
Message 26 of 35

This just started popping up on my laptop today.  It said it detected suspicious activity on my WIFI and to try a different connection.  I tried the alternate SSID on my wireless and it said the same thing.  But no indication what the problem detected is or anything else.  I'm running a Nighthwak router with up to date firmware and MacAfee and Malwarebytes.  Not knowing or being able to find this "suspicious activity" is really annoying.

No ideas anyone?

Gene

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 647
Message 27 of 35

I see the same thing on my home network.  WiFi Security is flagging networks as "potentially malicious" that have been deemed safe for years prior.  This just started in the last day or two.  I have reported this to the WiFi Security team.  Sorry for this trouble.  

GFLZR
What's DOS?
Views: 590
Message 28 of 35

Thanks. It got me worried even though I think I'm fully protected. 

ognarisog
What's DOS?
Views: 237
Message 29 of 35

I have been getting the notification repeatedly also that my connection is malicious and I should change it, even though it is my own connection. 

No info about why it is considered malicious or how I can fix that problem.

Is that the only option? To turn off all notifications from Lenovo?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 227
Message 30 of 35

Sorry for this trouble.  Can you please send me a private message with the name of your SSID and your general location, such as state/country?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors