cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvhirst
Punch Card
Views: 1,036
Message 31 of 40

Re: Lenovo WiFi Security: What is it and what does it do?

Same issues as others on this thread.  I'm disabling the function for the time being.  May re-enable it if function can be shown to work and add real security benefits.  So far, that hasn't happened.  

DVH

johndoe76
Fanfold Paper
Views: 924
Message 32 of 40

I receive occasional messages that unsafe activity has been detected, but I am unable to figure out where/what is causing the issue.  In the Security Advisor, the Network History shows a green check for the SSID, though it was red the other day.  Is there a way to find out what, specifically, I need to address?

johndoe76
Fanfold Paper
Views: 919
Message 33 of 40

To add a little more information, this has been happening for a little over a month, though it never flagged the SSID before that time (the computer has been on the SSID for several months). 

johndoe76
Fanfold Paper
Views: 917
Message 34 of 40

Sorry, and this only happens on the one SSID.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 840
Message 35 of 40

@johndoe76 wrote:

Sorry, and this only happens on the one SSID.

Can you please post the name of this particular SSID?  If you're not comfortable to post the name publicly, please send it to me by private message.

ognarisog
What's DOS?
Views: 726
Message 36 of 40

Spectrum internet was down in my area for like 40mins today, and there was Lenovo WiFi Security detecting unsafe activity on my connection and I shoud change it,

I checked and I had definetely turned off notifications from Lenovo Vantage.

Is there some other checkbox somewhere where this obvously not working 'option' can be disabled?

dvhirst
Punch Card
Views: 722
Message 37 of 40

There have been multiple queries about the functioning and stated benefits of this app.  Please, Lenovo, give us some information.  What issues does the app detect that causes it to give warnings, and what -- specifically -- can be done to resolve the issues identified?  Advice to switch to another network / provider is not really useful, as this option is generally not available in a home network environment.  And the lack of detail available makes this app less than useful.  Thanks for your attention to this request. 

torvista
What's DOS?
Views: 409
Message 38 of 40

Wake up Lenovo.

"What issues does the app detect that causes it to give warnings, and what -- specifically -- can be done to resolve the issues identified?  Advice to switch to another network / provider is not really useful, as this option is generally not available in a home network environment.  And the lack of detail available makes this app less than useful."

What part of this question or the title of this thread is so hard to understand?....started in December 2017 and with still no response.

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 349
Message 39 of 40

@torvista wrote:

Wake up Lenovo.

"What issues does the app detect that causes it to give warnings, and what -- specifically -- can be done to resolve the issues identified?  Advice to switch to another network / provider is not really useful, as this option is generally not available in a home network environment.  And the lack of detail available makes this app less than useful."

What part of this question or the title of this thread is so hard to understand?....started in December 2017 and with still no response.

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!

I understand your concern and my personal recommendation is to disable features that aren't valuable to you.  I will share your concern with the team that brought Lenovo WiFi Security into Vantage.  Please understand that my role is technical and I don't personally have answers to your questions.

torvista
What's DOS?
Views: 331
Message 40 of 40

"my personal recommendation is to disable features that aren't valuable to you."

THAT is the whole point....no-one knows if this "feature" is valuable or not since it provides no information to act on. How valuable is that?

It tells me intermittently that both my home networks are unsafe. Now what?

It serves only to be annoying and reduce confidence in Lenovo as pushing a product they either don't understand or are not willing to explain.

Now I doubt the israelis are developing this because they are bored, and I doubt Lenovo is pushing it out on all their pcs just to scare people.

Users have a right to know what this does.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors