cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annetta
Paper Tape
Views: 1,767
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Z61t: Rescue & Recovery 4.21 Upgrade Necessary?

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking on this forum for the past couple weeks, trying to figure out my laptop issues. One answer I could not find is the following...

I have a Lenovo Z61t. I've had some updating issues with it in the past, and have since wiped it out and brought it back to factory settings. I am slowly rebuilding the laptop by adding the files and software programs that I need. I found that there is a new Rescue & Recovery (4.21 upgrade). I currently have the 3.10 version and am wondering if it is necessary to upgrade to the latest version. If so, is there anything else I have to upgrade to have everything working in sync? I should mention that I have yet to even set up this feature, so I am completely brand new with this. I don't mind keeping the 3.10 version if there isn't much of a difference between the two.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Annetta

Message Edited by Annetta on 10-28-2008 07:48 PM
Annetta
Paper Tape
Views: 1,729
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Z61t: Rescue & Recovery 4.21 Upgrade Necessary?

Hi again,

I tried calling Lenovo support and they could not give me an answer as to whether the upgrade is necessary, or if the current version I have (3.10) is good enough.

Does anyone know?

davolz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,305
Message 3 of 5

Annette,

I've been using the version 4.20.0511.00 Rescue & Recovery with no issues for over 14 months.  I rebuilt my Lenovo/IBM z60t (2511FEU) from the factory restore and applied most of the latest drivers around November 2007. 

Hope this helps,

Doug V. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,286
Message 4 of 5

Hello Annetta,

if you have no problems with R&R 3.10 then I would suggest, not to update.

Updating R&R isn´t an easy operation and if your system runs satisfactorily now, I would´t update anything.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

DaveS
Punch Card
Views: 1,280
Message 5 of 5

I have tried this update and found it is essential to read and understand the 'condition notes' in the update instructions. In my case I found it removed the DOS diagnostics,  and the ability to do a restore to 'factory condition' (covered in the notes) and create diskettes so I reverted to 3.1. Luckily I have an Acronis backup of the Service Partition HTH.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors