Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vpd_52
What's DOS?
Views: 29,170
Message 1 of 59

LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll not found

Hi,
I did a firmware update yesterday night (Friday, Sep 21st) on my Lenovo Ideapad 320. Today (Saturday, Sep 22nd) after signing in

I got a message error from RUNDLL stating that there was a problem in the inicialization of:  C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage\x64\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll The specified module could not be found.
Could you please advise ?
Thank You

luanneo
Paper Tape
Views: 28,796
Message 2 of 59

Re: LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll not found

I'm having the same problem, though I don't think the BIOS update was completed. I think it was downloaded. Then, on the restart, the battery was checked to be sure it was completely charged so there was no possibility of losing power during the BIOS update. It came back saying the battery wasn't charged—even though it's 100% charged—and then the following error message appeared. 

"RunDLL
There was a problem starting C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage\x64\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll

The specified module could not be found."

Musicmouse
Paper Tape
Views: 28,720
Message 3 of 59

LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll not found

I have the same error. However, my last Windows update is several days ago and only this morning I got this error on my Z580.

I had a look at the directory where the file should be. It is indeed missing. There is a file LenovoBatteryGaugePackage_bk.dll in the same directory and I am wondering whether some program might have renamed it.

bernard77
Paper Tape
Views: 28,699
Message 4 of 59

Same error here to on a T450s with prodock since i updated the drivers yesterday on the lenovo website with automatic drivers detection system...

petersladdie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 28,642
Message 5 of 59

I was using the Lenovo Vantage battery gauge plugin on my windows 10 ideapad 310. it mysteriously disappeared prior to a hard drive failure. since the hard drive replacement in July, the gauge did not come back. i now get a run dll error everytime i switch/log on c/programdata/lenovo/imcontroller/plugins/lenovobatterygaugepackage/x64/lenovobatterygaugepackage.dll

the specified module could not be found.

i have carried out regular updates. today i went into the battery settings and turned off the gauge feature and still got the error message.

is there anything i can do to solve this very minor but frustrating problem?

Mod's edit: this post and its reply was merged into existing dicussion.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 28,616
Message 6 of 59

Welcome to the Community

The issue could be caused by Lenovo Vantage (LV) and Lenovo System Interface Foundation (LSIF) installation sequence. Remove both of them if they persist on your system. Install LV again, launch, it'll request the LSIF to be loaded and installed, agree, wait several minutes (depending on the Internet access speed), reboot the laptop, again wait several minutes, launch LV, choose the Battery Gauge option. The icon should appear.

Mod's edit:  updated Subject line after a merge.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

mariahell1986
Fanfold Paper
Views: 28,334
Message 7 of 59

lenovobatterygaugepackage.dll --> NOT FOUND (WIN 64) !  is it important ? if yes, what now?

Mod edit:  Post merged in, subject edited.

Musicmouse
Paper Tape
Views: 28,291
Message 8 of 59

X220forme wrote "The issue could be caused by Lenovo Vantage (LV) and Lenovo System Interface Foundation (LSIF) installation sequence. Remove both of them if they persist on your system. Install LV again, launch, it'll request the LSIF to be loaded and installed, agree, wait several minutes (depending on the Internet access speed), reboot the laptop, again wait several minutes, launch LV, choose the Battery Gauge option. The icon should appear."

This evades me:

- These programs were installed years ago before I bought the computer. So how could that installation suddenly cause a problem?

- It is also unclear to me where I should get this software

- should I first uninstall?

- The battery icon is still there on my computer.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 28,240
Message 9 of 59

My advice has been addressed for the author of the post #5 above, mainly, where that post and my one was in separate thread.
But it might help with another issues LV and LSIF related.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Cdmarlowe
Paper Tape
Views: 27,509
Message 10 of 59

I received this message on my IdeaPad 110 after I did the update yesterday.There was a problem starting C:\programdata\Lenovo\Imcontroller\plugins\LenovoBatterygaugepackage\x64\Lenovobatterygaugepackage.dll

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors