Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jyro275
Serial Port
Views: 2,354
Message 51 of 60

Re: LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll not found

I retract my earlier statement.  After shutting my computer down and turning it back on, the pop up is back.

Picksterpete
Paper Tape
Views: 2,205
Message 52 of 60

I have Lenovo Vantage on my Ideapad 520. How do I just update it to the latest version? When I go to the downloads on Google Vantage on line won't let me sign in. Doesn't recognise my password.

I have the above Battery Gauge problem.

Jyro275
Serial Port
Views: 2,199
Message 53 of 60

Update: The two folders showed up for me too . I had two folders in "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage\x64\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll." One was called "LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dl" and the other was "_LenovoBatteryGaugePackage.dll." I deleted the one with the earlier date and haven't had the problem since.

Blueeyez58
Paper Tape
Views: 2,159
Message 54 of 60

Thank you Plocky-your suggestion worked for me (& was also the first one I tried)! I also had 2 of the C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoBatteryGaugePackage\x64 folders under my C drive, only the second one (and most recent) ended in a “_” and was created around mid-September 2018. Both folders had the same files in them and were dated only a few months apart. I had to set it to show hidden files as well. 

I cut and pasted the oldest folder to another location on my hard drive (in case I need it later & was too nervous to completely delete it)—this was the folder without the “_” at the end, rebooted my computer, and the error is no longer there. I checked the name of the folder after reboot, and it has been renamed to the same folder without the “_”. It’s been over 24 hours now and there have been no problems—my computer would have had that error pop up multiple times by now.

Somewhere along the line, I believe this folder that contained the .dll file got duplicated in an update or something, and I think the duplicate paths must have confused the OS as well. Thank you for your suggestion, Plocky! 😊 It worked for me!

Lenovo Edge 15 w/Windows 10

Highlighted
Plocky
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,057
Message 55 of 60

@Blueeyez58 wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion, Plocky! 😊 It worked for me!

cool, makes me feel that posting my solution was worth the effort if it helps at least one person. Smiley Happy

Emmmanuel64
What's DOS?
Views: 1,955
Message 56 of 60

tengo el mismo problema....... 

paulderdash
Paper Tape
Views: 1,695
Message 57 of 60

Thank you for posting, @Plocky for finding the solution, and @Blueeyez58 (my experience was the same as yours), to solve this very annoying problem on every reboot.

Blueeyez58
Paper Tape
Views: 1,610
Message 58 of 60

Yes it was worth the effort, Plocky, and I definitely appreciate it! Looks like I’m not the only one you’ve helped out, either. Thanks again! 😊
jnvc57
Paper Tape
Views: 1,299
Message 59 of 60

After a routine Windows update....dialog box has not reappeared as yet. >>???

sneci77
Paper Tape
Views: 246
Message 60 of 60

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors