cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
econsumer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,911
Message 1 of 8

Location PDF Files User Manual in Lenovo Vantage?

Hi,

I would like to know where the User guide pdf files  must be to be recognise by Lenovo Vantage.

I explain: After complety upgrade softwares in my Latptop Lenovo Ideapad 100-15, including O.S. (Windows 8.1 to windows 10) i notice, a new software "Lenovo Vantage" in my laptop. This new software to windows 10 replace softwares preinstalled like Lenovo Solution Center, Lenovo setttings, OneKey Optimizer, Lenovo Utility, Lenovo User guide (app to access directly to the PDF files), etc.

So, i decided to keep this new software named Lenovo Vantage specialy created for windows 10 and at the same time delete older softwares i mentionne juste before (L Solution Center, L Settings, OK Optimizer, L Utility, L User guide, etc.

So After deleted all this preinstalled softwares, evrythings works fine in Lenovo Vantage except when i clic in User guide. L Vantage response: "No User guide is save in your device, however you can consult the web site Lenovo"

So, i downloaded the PDF files:
"ideapad_100_14_15_iby_llw_fr_201504"
"ideapad_100_14_15_iby_ug_fr_201504"
"safety_and_general_information_guide_french"
"safety_and warranty_guide_fr_201801"

But my problem is, i don't know where i can put this files to be recognised by L Vantage. I tryed to put in folder C:\Program Files\Lenovo/UserGuide, and tryed with others folders but evry time L. Vantage find no User guide or any other document.

Please, Can someone help me to fix this problem? where those PDF files must be, to be cognize by L. Vantage?
econsumer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,852
Message 2 of 8

Re: Location PDF Files User Manual in Lenovo Vantage?

Hi,

Nobody answer to this question... maybe a shortless message will have more chances to receive answers...

where User Guide (pdf files) must be in Lenovo Vantage app?

Thanks

econsumer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,818
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Please, just look in which folder is contained the PDF files of the user guide, for those who have Lenovo Vantage.

Thank you
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,800
Message 4 of 8

Here's how I got it working on my T580 where my locale is set as english/US.  If you use different locale, these steps probably won't work for you, but maybe you can figure it out:

1.  create this folder:   C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\UserGuide\T580_html\html_en    (change the "T580" part as appropriate)

2.  put the user guide PDF into this folder

Untitled.png

Capture.JPG

kwanteqben
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,095
Message 5 of 8

"change the "T580" part as appropriate"

Im using Lenovo Legion Y530 15ICH, what would the appropriate part be?

I tried "Legion Y530-15ich_html" but it does not seem to work...

any help appreciated

Thank you in advance, will buy a bread! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
econsumer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,038
Message 6 of 8

Hi kwanteqben,

In my case, it was not easy the firts times i tryed but after a wile, it's works with my Lenovo Ideapad 100-15.

with my laptop it works both when i write "ideapad_100-15IBY_html" or "10015IBY_html" or "ideapad_10015IBY_html"

Make sure, the corect location of the folders and eventualy modify the locale/language where you are as  explained, great thanks to him. Smiley Happy  (sorry, i just see that i had forgot to thanks him) Smiley Embarassed

Hope you will find the way to fix your problem.

Good night 

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,019
Message 7 of 8

@Kwanteqben,

Please copy all the downloaded pdf files to c:\UserGuidePDF\PDF

and ensure the you have downloaded the correct lanuage version for your system.

Robzta
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 616
Message 8 of 8

Thank you for your info someotherguy, it worked flawlessly on my v110-15ISK, after a few tries of getting the folder names wrong I got it working, I don't think it matters what the pdf file is called, you just got to get the folder names right, this is what I did: C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\UserGuide\v110_html\html_en

and my user guide manual pdf is called:

lenovo_v110-15x_v110-14x_ug_en_201810.pdf

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors