Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvanm
Paper Tape
Views: 155
Message 11 of 17

Re: Microsoft Desktop apps again

Something really isnt right here.

I have Outlook on here (which is specifically unchecked during installation for security reasons) and Access. Access isnt part of the 2016 Standard suite.

When I launch either of those I still get the error. When I launch Word or Excel I dont get the error after deleting these Registry Keys.

Do I need to do this for every laptop?  How do I get rid of O365 entirely?

nvanm
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 12 of 17

After a reboot, they are all back, and functional.

see screen. It cant be this hard is it?

My first go at this I manually deleted desktop apps through settings (not control panel) and I lived with it. Then I realized if a new user logs in, it returns. Now we are going to have this deployment be used by multiple users switching between all laptops.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 147
Message 13 of 17

Sorry, I really don't know, all I can do is pass along information from Microsoft at this point.  I'm not hearing from other customers struggling with this, so don't really have any other specific tips I can pass along.  Microsoft has an uninstall tool that might be worth a try, see this link and scroll down to Option 2.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf...

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 120
Message 14 of 17

I am still stumped by your problem report so I checked a new ThinkPad that has preloaded office on it.  First, I ran my script which completely uninstalls it as shown below.  Then I created a new standard user and logged in, Office is still gone (e.g. there is no Word/Excel/Access/etc in the start menu).  Finally, I rebooted and logged in as both the original admin user and the new standard user and confirmed that the trial version is still gone for both accounts.  I have no idea how it is getting re-installed on your systems unless it is a side-effect of something that your Office 2016 installer is doing.  For that kind of problem, you would have to contact Microsoft.  I'm not sure what else I can do to help from my side.  

Untitled.png

nvanm
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 15 of 17

that script doesnt do anything.

Is there anyone who can help with this? Its a lenovo issue because if I image with a Win10 iso, it doesnt do this

New Bitmap Image.png

nvanm
Paper Tape
Views: 90
Message 16 of 17

lol. This product is seriously screwed up. Office uninstall doesnt find it, but its **bleep** sure installed, and working

office.png

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 86
Message 17 of 17

I can help if I'm able to reproduce the issue.  So far, I can't.  The script I gave you completely uninstalls the trial office version here.

Can you provide your Office 2016 installer?  I could try it here and see if it makes the trial office version somehow come back.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors