cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flanimal
Token Ring
Views: 888
Message 1 of 2

Noticed issues ever since I installed Lenovo Companion (which replaced Lenovo Settings)

I used Lenovo Settings on my Lenovo Yoga 3 11 for the battery conservations mode. So I was forced to install Lenovo Companion since it recently replaced Lenovo Settings.

Ever since I did this, I have noticed the following:

* Screen brightness keeps changing by itself slightly

* Screen contrast keeps changing by itself slightly

* Colours look muted and unsaturated, and filtered. Makes the sceen look worse than it should.

* trackpad is only ignorred if the tablet mode is fully flat. The slightest opening causes the trackpad and keyboard to become sensitive.

All of this irrespective of whether Dynamic Brighness Control is enabled or disabled in Lenvovo Companion hardware settings, and regarless of whether recommended hardware settings are used.

Anyone else noticed anything similar? I'll report back after I've uninistalled the app to see whether any of these behaviours disappear.

Flanimal
Token Ring
Views: 881
Message 2 of 2

Re: Noticed issues ever since I installed Lenovo Companion (which replaced Lenovo Settings)

So I deactivated "Change brightness autoatically when lighting changes" in Windows Display Settings. This seems to have been the cause of the brightness and contrast changes, but the colours still look blander than I recall. Sorry to suspect Lenovov Companion so quickly, but the changes coincided with it's installation. Admittedly Windows 10 Fall edition just landed too.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors