Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anussia
Blue Screen Again
Views: 274
Message 1 of 3

Open gates for Lenovo System Update

How to open Windows Ransomware Protection Controlled Folders Access' gates for Lenovo System Updates?

What are the executables running in context of System Updates and which app paths have to be added to  CFP's  list of exceptions?

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 206
Message 2 of 3

Re: Open gates for Lenovo System Update

System Update runs the same EXEs that are available on support website download section for your model.  My personal opinion is that something like CFA is incompatible with System Update.  Turn off CFA before installing updates, and then turn it on afterwards.  It would not be possible to provide a list of every possible EXE that System Update could install (and such a list would change all the time as new updates are released).

Anussia
Blue Screen Again
Views: 186
Message 3 of 3

Re: Open gates for Lenovo System Update

Thanks for feedback from you. I come to similar conclusions. SU seems to - among others - create executable in C:\Windows\Temp\<apparently-random-string>\<apparently-random-string>_version.tmp then to start it. CFA doesnt support this level of dynamics. In my opinion it is SU which should comply to current security standards. Temporary CFA disablement descreases system security.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors