Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 13 (2,814 Views)

Please bring back all the battery funtionalities from Lenovo Settings to Lenovo Companion

After Lenovo Settings was merged with Lenovo Companion we can not longer access battery information (number of cycles, temperature, remaining capacity in Wh, wattage, voltage, first used date, and many other geeky and very useful stuff).

Please, Lenovo, bring all of these back for your devoted, nerdy, Thinkpad users!

Thanks.

PS:    Don't get me wrong, I love that now we have only one app instead of two, so I don't really want Lenovo Settings back, all I need are the functionalities. However, if this is not possible, where can I find an older version of Lenovo Settings (because the newest one is just a window that asks to be uninstalled).

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Message 2 of 13 (2,780 Views)

Re: Please bring back all the battery funtionalities from Lenovo Settings to Lenovo Companion

I am not sure why the advanced battery status was not migrated from Settings to Companion but I will try to find out. 

Meanwhile there are a couple ways to get this info:

1.  A previous version of Lenovo Settings is available here:  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/hf003321

Unzip, go into the ExperienceXXX folder, and then double-click on the APPXBUNDLE file.  But, be aware that the Windows Store will automatically update you to the latest version again.  So you will need to disable automatic updates from the Windows Store if you want to stay on the previous version of Lenovo Settings.

2.  We have a small stand-alone utility which reads all this information from the battery firmware, and outputs it to a CSV file.  I actually prefer this method since I can save CSV files over time and see what is happening to my battery every month or so.  As opposed to Lenovo Settings where you can't even copy-and-paste the info.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmdhvxxi6vdoqh7/UserLETool.exe?dl=0

How to run it:

A.  open command prompt as administrator

B.  "UserLETool.exe c:\battery_log_folder"    (where c:\battery_log_folder is where you want to store the log, make sure this folder exists first)

C.  the output file is a CSV, and the name of the file is your MTM+SerialNumber.  You can open this file with Excel or whatever you use for spreadsheets.

Lenovo Staff
Message 3 of 13 (2,751 Views)

Re: Please bring back all the battery funtionalities from Lenovo Settings to Lenovo Companion

seabase

I found out that this situation with the missing battery status is a bug.  It was not supposed to be dropped from Companion.  So if you can wait a bit, it should be fixed by the end of November.  If you can't wait that long, then go with one of the suggestions from my last post.  Sorry for this trouble and thanks for letting me know about this problem here on the forum.

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 13 (2,652 Views)

[ Edited ]

Good to know that everything will be integrated in the Companion app. Untill then I will just use the UserLETool you provided.

Thanks.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 13 (2,552 Views)

Is it also a bug that the battery charging threshold set in Companion is being ignored? 

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 13 (2,402 Views)

[ Edited ]

While executing the UserLETool.exe <path>, I got "PM not Installed", could you help what was that stands for? 

Thank you in advance

Alvin

Lenovo Staff
Message 7 of 13 (2,380 Views)

Alvin2805 wrote:

While executing the UserLETool.exe <path>, I got "PM not Installed", could you help what was that stands for? 

Thank you in advance

Alvin

Do you have Companion installed and working to the point where you can get to the Power section where the battery settings should be?  PM is referring to one of the prerequisites of Companion.  You cannot run this tool without Companion and the prerequisites.

Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 13 (1,814 Views)

Is it also a bug that the battery charging threshold set in Companion is being ignored?

I updated everything but it still occurs that sometimes system forgets that I have a threshold set to stop charging at 50% in my Lenovo Companion app and it just starts to charge to 100%.
Lenovo Staff
Message 9 of 13 (1,780 Views)

janez33 wrote:

I updated everything but it still occurs that sometimes system forgets that I have a threshold set to stop charging at 50% in my Lenovo Companion app and it just starts to charge to 100%.

Yes, this is a bug.  Did you uninstall the old Lenovo Settings that doesn't do anything anymore?  I think this problem might happen after doing that...

Fanfold Paper
Message 10 of 13 (1,770 Views)

Yes, I did. I saw here that we have a confirmation that Lenovo is investigatin this issue. So we just need to wait for the new update. Re: Battery Charge Threshold bug - charges past threshold

I also installed back Lenovo settings application. Maybe it won't override treshold settings now. Who knows...

Top kudoed Authors