cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_4_life
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,336
Message 1 of 5

Power Manager: Charging threshold ignored, still charged to 100% despite setting to only 93%

I have my charging thresholds set to start charging at 40% and stop at 93%. But today it seemed that it totally ignored my charging threshold and went all the way to 100%. The battery was about 20% or so when I plugged in the power cord and then proceeded to use it. I had put it to sleep and then came back and it was just now when I realized that it had charged my battery all the way to 100% and totally just ignored the charging threshold.

Would the sleep perhaps cause it to charge to 100%?

I didn't update the power manager or anything lately, and it seemed to be stopping at 93% last week.

Does anyone know why this happened?

I'm running a T400 with Switchable graphics and

With Power Manager version 3.1.1a.

Highlighted
_St
Punch Card
Views: 2,308
Message 2 of 5

Re: Power Manager: Charging threshold ignored, still charged to 100% despite setting to only 93%

I have noticed a similar behaviour, i.e. battery charged to 100% while in sleep. I guess the threshold is controlled only by SW (PowerManager) which is not running while in sleep. Does anyone have some further information?

Former Employee
Views: 2,287
Message 3 of 5

Re: Power Manager: Charging threshold ignored, still charged to 100% despite setting to only 93%

Hi,

both of you are correct in you suggestions, as the Battery threshold is active only while the system in "online".

The simple test how you can test it is to let the system started <no Hybernation, no StandBy> and check if now the threshold will work. I think it surelly will.

Let me know any update that you have 

Cheers

andrew_4_life
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,282
Message 4 of 5

So that means if I only want to charge to the 93% threshold, I can only charge when the computer is on and not when it is off or in hibernate?

Former Employee
Views: 2,233
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

yes, that is correct. As this situation is controled by software, which is not active, when the system is off, or in Hybernation

Cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors