Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ihanbali
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,115
Message 1 of 8

Problem with eye care mode

Hi

The eye care mode in my thinkpad T480 laptop is not stable ... it keeps switching off and the screen turns blue. Once I click the Vantage battery guage icon to open vantage tool bar it is activated again.

I notice that this includes other vantage functions like wifi security.

It was working perfectly, I cant remember when this happenned but it seems related to Vantage updates.

rgeorge68
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,069
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problem with eye care mode

Same here on a ThinkPad W520. I think it came with the System Interface Foundation update somewhere in April. Very annoying.

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,037
Message 3 of 8

@iHanbali,

Is there any special action you did when night mode turns off? Did you use bluetooth mouse?

ihanbali
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,020
Message 4 of 8

I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard that comes with its adapter.

I am also using bluetooth audio headset

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 813
Message 5 of 8

We notice this issue, and will fix it in next release.

RandomStudent
Punch Card
Views: 776
Message 6 of 8

Same problem on the ThinkPad X1 Extreme. I usually can just go to Lenovo Vantage and load up the Audio/Visual tab and the problem will usually fix itself.

However, the exception is when extending my display to a secondary monitor. The eye care mode will activate on the extended display, but not my main display. Hopefully this will be fixed soon, as it is kind of annoying to look at 2 screens with different colour temperatures.
HenryChatfield
What's DOS?
Views: 439
Message 7 of 8

This is happening on my X1 Extreme also. I turn it on and it will only stay on for about five minutes. I am using a bluetooth mouse and it seems that is the cause.

Is there a fix for this yet?

lenovopcuser
What's DOS?
Views: 248
Message 8 of 8

I am reporting the same issue here.

I set the Eye Care mode at 5500 K, the screen gets less blue color for a while, but after a few minutes, the screen's color automatically goes back to the original 6500 K level, though the lever at the Eye Care mode screen stays the same at 5500 K.  I then drag the lever to 6500 K once and then back to 5500 K, and the screen receives less blue color again as I want, but the cycle continues.

So, I temporarily abandoned the idea of using the Eye Care mode at Lenovo Vantage, and instead decided to use Windows 10's Night light mode.  It's more stable utilizing that function, but the problem I found so far is that after I get back to the active screen after the screen went black for idleness, the Night light mode automatically is turned off.

I use Lenovo ThinkPad X220 and understand that Lenovo doesn't support Windows 10 for that model, but I would appreciate any pointers or fixes.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors