Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsttm
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 1 of 1

Problems with Client Security

I've got a x61 tablet (vista home premium) for about a month & a half now. As far as i can remember (so within the first week), I was receiving a message from client security saying that i had recently changed my windows password & to enter my password. Whenever i did, the password was incorrect (even though it works for windows).

I kind of ignored it, simply clicking 'cancel' whenever that window popped up. Figured i'd fix it later.

Now, I'm having issues with my fingerprint reader. It was working fine before, but in addition to the client security message above, i get a 'enter password' to activate fingerprint reader message. Again, when i enter my password, it is invalid.

If i cancel that & go into my webbrowser, it asks me to swipe my fingerprint..& when i do, it says no fingerprint is registered. This is getting annoying, as i like how it stored my browing passwords.

Finally, one other issue..related or not..this is something that's been a problem ever since i've had it..even though i've set it to not request a passowrd upon resume from sleep (under power manager)..it still comes up locked when it resumes from sleep. I've checked display settings under control panel & have disable screeen saver. For the life of me, i can't figure out what else is causing the screen to lock after resume.

On the same note, i've also set default brightness levels for the particular power schemes...& it never goes to my set defaults on boot up or resume from sleep.

Can anyone provide any insight? These small annoyances are starting to accumulate. Please help!

Message Edited by tsttm on 04-25-2009 12:43 PM

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors