Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinnearius
What's DOS?
Views: 488,135
Message 1 of 26

Restore Factory Settings - Lenovo desktop Windows 7

Hello all!

Can anyone plainly and simply explain how I restore my Levono PC to factory settings?

I don't know what model it is but it has stickers on the front including:

Intel Celeron

Windows 7

Lenovo enhanced experience 2.0

It didn't come with a disc and I've tried every other suggestion I've read online to no avail!

I just want to wipe it and start fresh, can anyone let me know if it is even possible and if so how I do it??

Thanking you in advance.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 485,584
Message 2 of 26

Re: Restore Factory Settings - Lenovo desktop Windows 7

I assume the machine is bootable.  Are you the original owner?

start programs>accessories>system tools> system information  7 lines down is the machine type and model.

====

If the factory recovery partition is still on the machine:

boot machine, hif pf11 key over and over at boot up time.   This should launch the standalone version of the Rescue and Recovery program.  Launch the advanced menu.  Choose restore my system.  A few screens in, it should show a restore to factory settings option.   If you got pf11 to boot RNR, and DO NOT see a factory recovery setting, the recovery partition was removed from the system (for example, someone installed win7 over the original vista ship from the factory. In your case, someone deleted the factory recovery partition)

Otherwise you will have to call the support center and order recovery dvd set. ($50 US).

kinnearius
What's DOS?
Views: 485,571
Message 3 of 26

I am the original owner so hopefully that will work.

I'll give it a try, thanks for the help! Much appreciated.
jennifer1977
Blue Screen Again
Views: 465,785
Message 4 of 26

i need to do this too, but mine is so messed up i dont even have accessories in my list   help I just want to wipe it and start fresh, can anyone let me know if it is even possible and if so how I do it??    and i can only get my pc to turn on in safe mode. It dosent work any other way :-(   In order to get the pc to get to windows i have to press F8 everytime just to get to the windows sign in screen 

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 465,703
Message 5 of 26

Are you the original owner of the machine? If so, was it a factory shipped Lenovo machine? How old is this machine?

A factory shipped Lenovo will have a factory recovery partition, typically the Q drive.

If you can only boot via PF8, you are booting the Windows Recovery software.  If a default boot wont bring up the windows on the C drive, your machine is amiss.

Try hitting PF11 at boot time and see if standalone Rescue and Recovery will boot. If it does, TRY a restore to factory settings via the RESTORE panel.

eliciay3o
Paper Tape
Views: 459,154
Message 6 of 26

im using a Z470, and i just upgraded to windows 10. however it sucks and i cant downgrade it as it has been over 30 days, and i restart everything but im still on windows 10. press f11 doesnt work either, how do i go back to windows 7?
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 459,054
Message 7 of 26

When I state PF11,  I am referring to the Rescue and Recovery software, which is only win7 and below.

This post  was NOT opened up as a win 10 issue.

Rnr is normally found on ThinkCentre,Thinkpad and a few other machines.

Your machine comes with One Key Recovery. You have an Ideapad.  The internal workings of the 2 products are way different.

My best guess:

Win 10 install made useless the OKR partition structure.  Thus recovery back to WIN7 probably does not exist.

I am aware win 10 will park a windows backup of your old system in recovery land for 30 days,which for you has expired. 

win 7 users of RNR who upgraded to win 10 have the same issue.

Read the following posts:

(1)https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/One-Key-Recovery-for-IdeaPad-Y570-running-with-Windows-10/td...

(2)https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/How-to-check-what-Windows-version-is-in-the-recovery-partiti...

==

My view:

Any install of windows 10 on a factory shipped Lenovo win7 with RNR or OKR disables the RNR/OKR useability.

Lenovo does not retrofit to the past,thus the idea of buying a new Lenovo exists.

==

RNR offers better recovery features than OKR. I think OKR offers copy backup and maybe make a bootable standalone to recover you system. If you did not do this or use windows backup on win 7 you are out of luck.

In your case, you must contact Lenovo support for resolution.I dont think IDEAPADS have recovery disks from the support center.  You must send the machine back to get reimaged.   Thinkcentre, thinkpads and a few other system have Recovery DVD available from the support center at a cost.

I am just the messenger.

eliciay3o
Paper Tape
Views: 459,034
Message 8 of 26

alright thanks!!
CompTIA
802.11n
Views: 459,019
Message 9 of 26

Hi , 

Your machine is Z40-70 and it came with windows 8.1 originally, so you can use NOVO button to do factory reset. 

NOVO button is located at (left hand side of your machine beside power adapter port). 

1- trun off the machine 

2- press NOVO button and hold it for 5 second you will be represented by a blue screen page with 4 option 

3- Just choose the last option which is factory recovery and you are done 

Cheers, 

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 459,011
Message 10 of 26

Win 10 install wipes all OEM factory anything. HP,Dell, Lenovo, etc.

We understand the factory 8.1 ship and NOVO button with OKR and Lenovo partitions will work then. But you self updated to win 10 on a "old" machine.

Install win 10, can I go back to old, 30 days later, 32 days later.

Does RNR and OKR from win 8 run on win 10, NO NO AND NO>

The post above notes native 8.1  native support, not cheers you are now Win 10 with no backup. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors