cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatherof1000s
What's DOS?
Views: 6,784
Message 11 of 13

Re: System Update: Delete Files left in C:\Program Files\Lenovo\System Update\session\?

For the answer here, see this thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/lenovo-ibm/221271-can-i-safely-delete-contents-program-files-lenovo-...

"You must keep system, temp, QuestResponse.xml and updates.ser, or else System Update won't start. You can safely delete all other directories."

Moderator edit: Removed section which did not treat other members with respect, per the Community Rules.

machistmo
SCSI Port
Views: 2,761
Message 12 of 13

Re: System Update: Delete Files left in C:\Program Files\Lenovo\System Update\session\?

@ semgo wrote:

Thanks gan for your help! I copied the content of the session folder to another drive, afterwards I deleted the content but the System Update didn't work anymore, because it couldn't find any files for the proper language. I can't remember the exact content of the failure message. However I removed System Update and installed it again, and now it works. The session folder needs now only 20Mb.

@MisterBill wrote:
I consider this a bug in the program that should be fixed. The only excuse (if you can call it that) for it is that Lenovo is a hardware company, and when customer's hard drives are filled up with this unnecessary stuff, they will buy a bigger drive. How convenient.

I think so too, lenovo should fix this nasty bug! If the remove all old updates automatically the folder at least needs 1gb...

There is a registry entry that can be changed to reflect the proper location of the update file repository.  I forget what it is now as we have moved to SCCM packs and dont maintain our own driver repository any longer. 

this is taken from here  but there is also a path in the Registry that be changed to point system update away from the web repository to your files. - still trying to find it. 

Change your command line, adding this, where C:\MyRepository = path to your repository:

"C:\Program Files\Lenovo\System Update\tvsu.exe" /CM -search A -action INSTALL -repository C:\MyRepository. -IncludeRebootPackages 1,3,4 -noicon

Now, you'll notice I put in C:\MyRepository. not C:\MyRepository (added the period at the end).  If you would, do basically the same thing.  At the end of your repository string in the command line, add one additional garbage character (but NOT white space) and see if it makes a difference.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,745
Message 13 of 13

This post from 2011 has been resolved with newer SU releases. Current SU leaves no install baggage around, ie the downloads. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors