Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loekverhees
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,339
Message 1 of 7

System Update Error

Hello,

When I start System Update, I get the following error message: "System Update has detected a serious problem loading language files and can not continue. Please contact the Lenovo Support Center." I'm running Windows Vista SP1 and System Update v3.14. 

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 

jtlbball28
What's DOS?
Views: 6,288
Message 2 of 7

Re: System Update Error

I recieved the same error message today.  It was working just fine before and then all of a sudden it isnt working anymore.

Any help with this would be nice.

dgresh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,280
Message 3 of 7

That's interesting, ... I got this error when I deleted old folders from the C:\Program Files\Lenovo\System Update\session  directory.  I had to restore from backup to correct the problem.

Maybe one had nothing to do with the other? 

I'm running XP SP3 with all of the current Lenovo updates.

Message Edited by dgresh on 01-21-2009 08:14 PM
loekverhees
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,272
Message 4 of 7

I finally solved the problem. I was unable to uninstall System Update since it was not in the software list (in the Control Panel). Also, when I tried to reinstall it by downloading the newest System Update 3.14 from the website, the installer said it found a previous installation and offered me to uninstall it (and refused to continue the installation). When I choose uninstall, the uninstaller came with an error message saying that the uninstaller was only for installed programs (strange, I know...). Then, I renamed the file extension (.exe) of the downloaded System Update to a zip file (.zip). Then I unpacked that zip file. In the zip file was an uninstaller. With this uninstaller, I was able to uninstall System Update from my computer. After that, I installed System Update again with the installer downloaded from the Lenovo website. This time, the installation program didn't give an error message and completed the installation successfully. Now, everything is working again like it should be Smiley Happy
M56Zp9r7
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,176
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for posting this information, I have been having the same problem for several months on my R52 XP SP2.  I tried your suggestion of trying to change the file to a zip file, but it said the file was corrupted (I might have done it incorrectly) and would not let me unpack it.  Could you post a link to the file or give me any other suggestions on where to find the uninstall file?  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me with this problem, I just cant seem to find a solution that will work for me.

Thanks for your time,

Beth

Natsum
What's DOS?
Views: 5,632
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

I was experiencing the same problem - so today (29-03-09) I uninstalled System Update; downloaded version 3.14; ran a silent install from command prompt (systemupdate314-2008-10-20.exe -s -a /s /v"/qn" (inverted commas ARE required)) - this information is in the readme.txt file for the exe from Lenovo website.

It now works no problem.

loekverhees
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,435
Message 7 of 7

M56Zp9r7, I sent a PM.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors