Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jersey101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 211
Message 1 of 2

System Update Questions

Hi all.

I am currently using System Update ver 5.07.0084 to update the Lenovo T480 (20L6). As I am running this silently on the machine, I have a few questions that im hoping someone can help me out with.

1) Am I using the right command to initate System Update to run silently on the machine?

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\System Update

Tvsu.exe  /CM -search A -action INSTALL -noicon -includerebootpackages 1,3,4 -noreboot -nolicense

2) How long does the System update process usually take? I understand that depends on many things such as model ID, network traffic, etc but what is the average time? Reason I am asking this is because I've started running SU yesterday (7/18) and it is still showing as running within task manager.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 136
Message 2 of 2

Re: System Update Questions

For #1, the deployment guide is confusing (we are in the process of re-writing it).  Please look at the bottom of page 74 for how to do this.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/tvsu5_mst_en.pdf.  In summary, you have to call "tvsu.exe /CM" and specify the additional parameters in the group policy settings.

I believe your problem #2 is caused by the wrong usage in #1, but let us know if you still have problems.  Also let us know what user account is calling "tvsu.exe /CM".  Is it a logged on user, or are you trying to invoke this from SCCM or some other management tool?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors