Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tian100
Fanfold Paper
Views: 586
Message 1 of 5

System Update not showing updates

I have an X1 carbon gen 4. It seems that neither System Update nor Companion shows recent updates listed on the web site. For example,  it is not showing "Lenovo System Interface Foundation for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)" 1.0.67.1 11/6/2016, which is available on the web site. I noticed similar situations before. 

Machine: 20FBCTO1WW
BIOS: N1FET44W (1.18 )

OS: Windows 10 version 1067, build: 14393.351, upgraded to pro

If I have to check the web site every so often, what is the point of haing System Update running in the backgroup?

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 564
Message 2 of 5

Re: System Update not showing updates

Updates on the support page are sent over to the System Update team.  The SU team creates SU install wrappers for the update and run quality assurance.  It typically takes 30+ days for a new update on the support page to show up in SU catalog. 

tian100
Fanfold Paper
Views: 549
Message 3 of 5

Got it. Thanks!

Highlighted
fairmarketvalue
Punch Card
Views: 510
Message 4 of 5

Just so everyone knows . . . don't rely on the System Update function of Lenovo Companion to update your machine. I used it today and it told me all was good. However, when I checked the Drivers and Software section of the Support Site, it showed a new version of Lenovo Software Foundation and App Explorer to download. In a word, the System Update function is "no bueno".

Mod's Edit:  Merged this post with existing discussion.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 498
Message 5 of 5

Mod's Comment: Link removed as it is no longer valid due to a merge of threads. Fairmarketvalue please review Sclexman's previous replies in this thread for more information on the Companion issue. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors