Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
callummack
Paper Tape
Views: 4,627
Message 1 of 8

TVSU downloads failing on multiple machine types.

Hi there. 

Recently I have noticed lots of issues with TVSU. 

About two weeks ago I noticed that I was routinely getting the error "The update package for your system is being updated" when trying to download updates. Since then I have noticed that the download of updates seem to be very unstable, routinely presenting me with the error "x packages failed to download". 

Sometimes the downloads work, sometimes they don't, but it seems to be far more often than not that the downloads fail. 

I have this issue on the following Windows 10 systems and the following Windows 7 systems 

T440 (20B6-005YUK) - W7 + 10
T450 (20BV-001BUK) - W7 + 10
T460 (20FN-003PUK) - W10 only. 

I have tried downloading from different connections, using tethered data, taking the laptop home and trying the download. I have uninstalled TVSU, updated to the latest version, but nothing I do seems to improve the stability of the downloads. 

Can anyone help please?

An example of a failed download I have right now is with the T440 - I am trying to download updates on Windows 10. The updates being "Thinkpad setting dependency = 10 v 3.0.1.32" and "Intel WLAN driver for 7260 v 18.40.4". Both appear to go through the motion of downloading then I get the error message "2 packages failed to download". 

Another example of a failed download I have right now is with the T460 - I am trying to download updates on Windows 10. The updates being "Thinkpad setting dependency = 10 v 3.0.1.32", "Synaptic Ultranav driver v 19.0.17.87", "Intergrated camera driver for chicony v 10.0.10586.11193", "Thinkpad hotkeys features integration package v 08.80.10" and "Lenovo system interface foundation -10 v 1.0062.00". All appear to go through the motion of downloading then I get the error message "5 packages failed to download". 

This is happening repeatedly. 

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,614
Message 2 of 8

Re: TVSU downloads failing on multiple machine types.

I am experiencing the same issue:

Message: The update Lenovo System Interface Foundation - 10 [32,64] download failed, the file C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\SystemUpdate\sessionSE\Repository\sif10ww62\ does not exist or the file's CRC is incorrect..

The issue has cleared up as of 10:30 AM EDT.

acarver
Paper Tape
Views: 4,570
Message 3 of 8

The same is happening to me. I thought it was a permissions issue and I got things to work on 1 system, but on the three others that are having the same problems it hasn't made a difference.

callummack
Paper Tape
Views: 4,534
Message 4 of 8

Still not working here. 

I have tried installing Windows 10 OEM on a T440 and my companies corporate image and both are failing on the same downloads. 

As you can see, I have included a screenshot from a T440.

There is definitely a problem with the TVSU at the moment. 

Can anyone from Lenovo please respond?

adamparise
Paper Tape
Views: 4,517
Message 5 of 8

I am experiencing same thing.  Called Lenovo and they wanted to send me to paid software support...Not doing that!

dsw-nms1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,203
Message 6 of 8

We are experiencing the exact same problem across multiple updates, machines, and operating systems. Even with Update Retriever on our MDT system.

Here is an example from one of the tvsu logs:

Message: The update Intel Chipset driver - 7 [32,64]/ 8.1 [64] download failed, the file C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\SystemUpdate\sessionSE\Repository\k1chp11us17_0781\ does not exist or the file's CRC is incorrect..

If we go and manually download the same file from the Lenovo website, there is no issue, so it's specific to TVSU.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,394
Message 7 of 8

We had server problems for a couple weeks.  As of late last week, the server seems to be OK.  Are you still having these problems?

MsSwiftFarrow
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,865
Message 8 of 8

I am having this same issue when connecting to Lenovo website>Drivers & Software> System Update

I get the error "System Update (TVSU) is failed to upgrade to the latest version" on my Lenovo Y50 running Windows 10 Home version 10.0.15063 build 15063

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors