Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrAYD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,604
Message 1 of 11

Terrible Lenovo Vantage update

I am very unhappy with the new version of this app. The version which was installed in my laptop was nice and useful.

Recently, many useful features such as selecting fast charge or conservation mode have been removed in taskbar widget.

Lenovo removed useful features of the widget in order to force users to go to the Vantgate main app. In fact, I feel that Lenovo turned this useful app into a garbage adware. I am terribly unhappy with seeing unwanted Lenovo ads or which tries to sell me it's products or 3rd party software such as Dash Lane, etc.

I am so unhappy with this unfair change that maybe I return the Lenovo laptop I have purchased recently.

donotmention
SCSI Port
Views: 1,558
Message 2 of 11

Re: Terrible Vantgate updtae

The user interface has changed but all the previous features are still in there. In the top right corner go to preference settings, turn off marketing for not getting promotional notifications. Then go to power in vantage, other settings,enable vantage toolbar.

PrAYD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,533
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

It seems that you haven't figured out what I mean. Yes, options such as Rapid charge and Conservation mode are available in Vantage but not in the battery indicator anymore. Instead of such a useful option, there is an advertisement about PC security which when you click on it just advertises some VPN service and commercial password manager software. A SUPER BIG battery indicator and a SUPER BIG button that encourages users to go to Lenovo Vantage to see more ads (Please check the attached image).

In the version of the battery indicator which was originally included in my laptop, all these features were included in battery indicator. I am so unhappy with this change that if Lenovo doesn't fix this problem, I prefer to return this laptop.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,530
Message 4 of 11

Re: Terrible Lenovo Vantage update

Please see this Knowledgebase article for the interim:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/New-version-of-Lenovo-Vantage-is-missing-...

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

PrAYD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,516
Message 5 of 11

Dear NateS,
Thanks so much for your guidance. I did as what you said and it works.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,505
Message 6 of 11

@PrAYD wrote:

Dear NateS,
Thanks so much for your guidance. I did as what you said and it works.

Happy to help.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Jeremy_W
Paper Tape
Views: 1,022
Message 7 of 11

@donotmention wrote:

The user interface has changed but all the previous features are still in there. In the top right corner go to preference settings, turn off marketing for not getting promotional notifications. Then go to power in vantage, other settings,enable vantage toolbar.

So, where's the hardware scan in the new version?! The new version prompts/nags me to run it but it's nowhere to be seen!

PrAYD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,004
Message 8 of 11

Hi Jeremy, 

The only solution that satisfies me was UPGRADING my Lenovo Vantage TO an OLD VERSION (!) you can download here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/New-version-of-Lenovo-Vantage-is-missing-...

Prons: You will have all useful features and will not annoyed with not useful ads spam like popups

Cons: It will be upgraded to the current terrible version even if you disable your updates occasionally! 😳 

Jeremy_W
Paper Tape
Views: 816
Message 9 of 11

Thanks, but I've now dumped it completely and the System Interface Foundation that provides the services. I consider it unnecessary if you know what you're doing with the machine and I'm now using the very simple Lenovo Update application to scan for any critical BIOS and driver updates,.

Philo
Serial Port
Views: 674
Message 10 of 11

+1 for the sentiments expressed here. The old Vantage was somewhat useful, having things like batter guage reset and battery charge limiting. The new one is half-baked f'n adware. I can't believe Lenovo forced such a terrible update on us. Moving to the Enteprise version for now, and may consider just removing it entirely down the road and relying on Lenovo Update.

Thanks for those who've metioned the Enteprise version and Lenovo Update.

And shame on Lenovo for releasing a version of Vantage that's drastically worse.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors