Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkGroch2
Punch Card
Views: 346
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad W540 Migration using Lenovo Migration Assistant

Hello,

I recently purchased a Grade A condition ThinkPad W540 Workstation with Windows 10 Professional 64 bit installed along with Lenovo Vantage. I have downloaded many of the Lenovo software programs for the ThinkPad W540.  I need to transfer almost everything ((programs, data, settings,)) from my older ThinkPad T420s Windows 7 Professional 64 bit to my recently purchased ThinkPad W540 workstation using Lenovo Migration Assistant. What exactly can I transfer over using the Lenovo Migration Assistant?? Does the Lenovo Migration Assistant check for program compatibilty between operating systems?? I could not find more details or information about the Lenovo Migration Assistant. I really like to transfer over the many Windows 7 Professional application software programs that would be compatiable with the Windows 10 Professional operating system. Please advise. Thank you.

Mark

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 180
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad W540 Migration using Lenovo Migration Assistant

Hello MarkGroch2,

Thanks for reaching out. We have done some research on the functions of the Lenovo Migration assistant and have found out that it will only transfer files and not programs. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors