Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
niuphan
Paper Tape
Views: 11,238
Message 11 of 40

Re: ThinkVantage Password Manager Firefox Extension, version 2.0, breaks pop-ups

Can someone explain the purpose of password manager?   Thanks!
Belenus
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 11,191
Message 12 of 40

Re: ThinkVantage Password Manager Firefox Extension, version 2.0, breaks pop-ups

I don't know if this is the real purpose but I found this aplication very useful to storage my passwords, for websites and aplications, for example when I go to check mi email the Password Manager Prompt a message to pass my finger throw the fingerprint reader, and the if my print match it letme access without write a password

----------------------------
To solved this I downgrade the version of Client Security Solution to 8.0.x instead of 8.1.x

Message Edited by Belenus on 01-14-2008 02:38 PM
newcoventry
What's DOS?
Views: 10,993
Message 13 of 40

I am also having this issue.  I was very excited to see that the password manager added Firefox as an option, but the breaking of pop-up windows has seriously crippled my browsing experience. I have tried setting Firefox to "run as administrator" as well as reinstall the password managing application.  It would be great if this were fixed soon.
Thanks,
Jason DeBoer-Moran
Coordinator of User Services
Concordia University, St. Paul
"A ThinkPad University Since 1997"
Thinkerik
Punch Card
Views: 11,022
Message 14 of 40

Also have the same trouble with Firefox , opening windows with fill-out forms, causing Password manager to crash firefox , did not immediately trace the coincidence with the password manager upgrade, so this took me hours and hours of research aaarrrggg Disabling the add-on in firefox solves the trouble , but of course also disables this great feature, waiting for the next "working" upgrade . No I do not want to downgrade to a previous version ...
Thinkpad X61Tablet 7767-BFG VistaBusiness 2 Gb Ram 1 Gb Turbomem
mjbruder
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 10,985
Message 15 of 40

Firefox crashed for me too upon opening any new window.  Simply clicking File and the New Window or typing CTRL+N crashes Firefox for me.  I'm using Client Security Solution version 8.10.0006.00
Mike Bruder
astifidas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 10,966
Message 16 of 40

I have exactly the same problem. Firefox crashes even in Lenovo site when I try to download. I hope Lenovo comes with a solution soon.
ThinkPad z61p t7200 2.0GHz 2Gb ram 100 Gb hard disk Windows XP
dbucher
Serial Port
Views: 10,812
Message 17 of 40

Exactely the same horrible bug, ThinkVantage Password Manager makes Firefox CRASH !
It happens each time there is a popup on a website !!!

It's very annoying and surprising with the quality I am expecting from IBM/Lenovo
OldOne
What's DOS?
Views: 10,649
Message 18 of 40

@Belenus wrote:
I solved this problem reinstalling the Firefox Extension that its located in the programs folder->Lenovo->CLient Security SOlution

Drag the file: tvtpwm_moz_xpi.xpi to Firefox and when it ask to install the extension wait the counter and install

restart and all its OK

This worked for me as well, must admit the most painless soultiuon off all I saw in here Smiley Happy
JoeTodd
Serial Port
Views: 10,409
Message 19 of 40

No one in this thread mentioned the Password Manager version that doesn't play nice with Firefox, but I downloaded ThinkVantage Client Security Solution XP/2K  8.10.0006.00a a few days ago along with a dozen other updates (see my "Newbie" thread on the T-series Board) and got a Password Manager version 3 that gave me Firefox (2.0.0.11) problems too.  My other Firefox add-ons disappeared and an empty frame (with one light red "^" printed in it) opened beneath the status bar at the bottom and I couldn't close it.  This all went away when I deactivated the ThinkVantage Password Manager add-on. A few days later,  I  found and manually downloaded  and installed a file tvtpwdmgr32_1011.exe that installed what seems to be a newer Password Manager with no Firefox issues.  It still says it is version 3.0.0 but looking in WinXP Control Panel Add/Remove Programs, the "Lenovo Password Manager" version is listed as 3.00.0011.00.  It seems to be a goodie but...
CAUTION:  Export your passwords before updating Password Manager or they will be lost.
Someone at Lenovo really needs to be wearing a dunce-cap for releasing such a dangerous update, and I too, for not following this advice.  Other than that, this version performs like the pre-Firefox-killer versions, which means not as well as Firefox's own password manager.
-Joe Todd
Joe Todd
T61 15" wide, WinXP. 6459-CTO
Ronald63de
Serial Port
Views: 10,268
Message 20 of 40

I don't want to be rude, but the bug has been around now for more than a month. It's really annoying and it seems that many users are affected. How come that one one of Lenovo comments on it or that no fix has been released by now? Does anybody at Lenovo read or care about these forums?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors