cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobstockler
Token Ring
Views: 8,239
Message 31 of 40

Re: ThinkVantage Password Manager Firefox Extension, version 2.0, breaks pop-ups

I downloaded and installed the patch that was supposed to make CSS and
its Password Manager play nice with FireFox, and it did - for a few days.

With no known changes by me, it's back to its old bad habits ;-{
Bob Stockler
G41 - 2886-5TU - Mobile Pentium 4 532 - 3.06 Gh
2 Gb RAM - 80 Gb Toshiba 5400rpm HDD - Win XP Pro
rossp
Paper Tape
Views: 8,115
Message 32 of 40

Re: ThinkVantage Password Manager Firefox Extension, version 2.0, breaks pop-ups

Chrismo111, you are a genius and a blessing to the human race.   I have been struggling with this for weeks.   The Password Manager bug not only stopped the Password Manager from working, but also made Firefox crash every time a site tried to launch a popup by using Java.   I had been assuming it was a Java problem or a Firefox problem.   Your fix has made everything work again.   Kudos!   How on earth did you figure it out?
dbucher
Serial Port
Views: 8,083
Message 33 of 40

Personnaly I confirm the problem was solved for more than one month on my computer.
Everything works fine again.
(Thinkvantage Password Manager 2.0)

egeezer
Paper Tape
Views: 8,028
Message 34 of 40

The folks in the Forum can add me to the list of people for whom the patch listed above does not work. I have a current version of Firefox and according to the Lenovo System updater, all current updates are installed.

Thank heavens I didn't roll out Lenovo laptops with Client Security to my client's sales force. This would be a nightmare to support!
Coriolis
Paper Tape
Views: 8,006
Message 35 of 40

Belenus wrote:

[I solved this problem reinstalling the Firefox Extension that its located in the programs folder->Lenovo->CLient Security SOlution
    Drag the file: tvtpwm_moz_xpi.xpi to Firefox and when it ask to install the extension wait the counter and install]

Thank you.  Did exactly this and all problems went away. Seems much simpler than any other solution posted.

Message Edited by Coriolis on 04-22-2008 10:55 AM
Dougie
What's DOS?
Views: 7,982
Message 36 of 40

@blu3ic3 wrote:
The easiest thing to do is open Firefox, File -> open, then find the file tvtpwm_moz_xpi.xpi
It will install the password manager Plugin.

I had this problem with Lenovo Password Manager V3 (which was downloaded with the other Lenovo updates yesterday) and Firefox 2.0.0.14. I initially disabled it so I could access http://www.orange.co.uk webmail.

I then found this forum and re-installed the XPI, that re-enabled the FF plugin and everything is working how it was before yesterday's update.

Message Edited by Dougie on 04-25-2008 10:51 AM
bobstockler
Token Ring
Views: 7,887
Message 37 of 40

Well, I've succeeded in fixing my FireFox browser, and relieving it of its bad habits
induced by the Password Manager in Client Security System. I read many descriptions
of how to do so posted in this thread, but couldn't understand them, though used them
to do it "my way".

I opened my FireFox browser, then clicked on "File". In the dropdown I clicked on "Open
File...", then browsed to "C;Program Files\Lenovo\Client Security System". There I found
the file "tvtpwm_moz_xpi.xpi". Opening that file did the job.

I had tried to re-apply the supplied patch, but got an error message saying that it had
been already applied.

Thanks to this thread I got FireFox and CSS PM playing nicely together again.
Bob Stockler
G41 - 2886-5TU - Mobile Pentium 4 532 - 3.06 Gh
2 Gb RAM - 80 Gb Toshiba 5400rpm HDD - Win XP Pro
phil_philsen
What's DOS?
Views: 7,812
Message 38 of 40

hi there!

i am struggling with this bug for 3 months now.
i tried to reinstall tvtpwm_moz_xpi.xpi and i already installed the patch from lenovo(mentioned above).
this both fixed the problem with crashing on pop-ups, but now the passwordmanager does not fill in the blanks on websites anymore! if i disable the pwm in firefox and enable it after a restart of firefox, the pwm does work for about 6 logins(does not matter what page) and then stopps working again!!!
sometimes the pwm still fills out passwords in other applications, but not in firefox anymore.

does anyone have the same problem?

ps: all patches and upgrades are installed, all up to date!

Greets from Hamburg/Germany
rossp
Paper Tape
Views: 7,727
Message 39 of 40

Hi phil_philsen
Yes, my experience is the same.   Using what I have learned on this forum, I have fixed the problem which used to make Firefox crash when it tried to open a java-enabled web page.   But the Password Manager now doesn't work, either on Firefox or on Internet Explorer.   I have reinstalled CSS 8.1, but that didn't help.   I can't open Password Manager from the taskbar or from Thankvantage Productivity Center or from the Manage button in Client Security Solution/Password Manager.   (I can open the preferences page and the type-and-transfer tool from the taskbar).
Any help would be gratefully received....

j0n3s
What's DOS?
Views: 946
Message 40 of 40

Firefox 7.0.1 Windows / Password Manager 3.00.0211.00

install Password Manager Add-on from file using

[Program Files]\Lenovo\Client Security Solution\tvtpwm_moz_xpi.xpi

restart Firefox - the error will be displayed again.

go to Add-ons and disable ThinkVantage Password Manager 3.0

restart Firefox - the error is not shown.

if you have PwdManager 2.0 and described procedure is not working upgrade to 3.0 first.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors