cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pglauca
Punch Card
Views: 2,432
Message 1 of 7

ThinkVantage System Update - Win 10 - 5.07.0029 - requires uninstall of previous version - HOW?

Hi all, 

on May 26 there was a ThinkVantage System Update available - version 5.07.0029 - which I attempted to install, but the installer informed me that uninstalling the previous version was necessary and wasn't working and I'd need to uninstall it myself (or suffer possible operational problems) - I can't find a previous version that I can uninstall myself. 

Any suggestions? Looking at the changes listed in the Readme, I'm not terribly convinced that I need this update, but that's not the issue. Any way of uninstalling the previous version of ThinkVantage System?

cheers, thanks folks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,350
Message 2 of 7

Re: ThinkVantage System Update - Win 10 - 5.07.0029 - requires uninstall of previous version - HOW?

Have you looked in the control panel under "programs and features"?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
pglauca
Punch Card
Views: 2,327
Message 3 of 7

Re: ThinkVantage System Update - Win 10 - 5.07.0029 - requires uninstall of previous version - HOW?

Thanks richk,

yes, I used that approach first as it is given as a route to uninstall other similar previous updates in various Lenovo update readme files, but so far, I can't find anything listed as an update named ThinkVantage System . . . 

there are various 3rd party uninstaller apps, but you still have to find the correct update, and otherwise, trying to find a set of files that altogether were titled "ThinkVantage System" is daunting . . . 

pglauca

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,241
Message 4 of 7

I uninstalled Su 5.07.0027 via programs and features.

During the install via systemupdate5.07.0029.exe, i experienced the following screens.

These same screens have shown themselves over the last several SU updates. Just click next. Something is sour in the installer or wrong message issued. I suspect another Lenovo software issue. 

snip 1.PNG

snip 2.PNG

Another post from early May/April details the same. I doubt you and I are the only ones with this issue.

pglauca
Punch Card
Views: 2,209
Message 5 of 7

Thanks slexman, 

so, you actually found and uninstalled the previous app. as listed in Programmes and Features? I couldn't find anything there resembling the previous version 5.07.0027 . . . I will look again, 

so  after finding it there, you uninstalled it, then pushed through the warning that the outcome might be unpredictable, and, I assume it . . . wasn't?!

in addition, more recently, I've tried to find an actual "previous" version of the "ThinkVantage" system, and I actually can't find it, on the Lenovo "Drivers and Software" page that lists all of the possible updates, 

your idea that something isn't right in the installer process etc., is correct I think, 

thanks buddy, I appreciate your responding, truly, 

pglauca

thinkos2
Punch Card
Views: 2,197
Message 6 of 7

I resolve installation problem to lunch silent install according to Readme.txt

I have prevision version installed but after select remove prevision version no other messsage found after I attend more time.

Use silent install new version is installed ok and work.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,187
Message 7 of 7

@pglauca,

I had Su version 5.7.0027 installed.  I manually uninstalled it via programs and features, where that version was installed.  I then ran the .0029.exe install, and the error screens noted above. Thus "pushing on", click next and the install works.

I just uninstalled .0029 via programs/features.  Ran the .0029.exec, same error screens.

How long have you been on windows 10? Do you recall any version of SU on your system?  The error screens still persist on win 10! The workaround remains the same.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors