Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lhdwriter
What's DOS?
Views: 2,756
Message 1 of 2

Thinkvantage Access Wireless Error Messages 040 & then 018

Hello:

My wireless adapter was working without fail for several months. But recently my Thinkvantage Access connection stopped being able to connect to my wireless adaptor, stating an incorrectly installed or configured driver. I then downloaded & reinstalled the correct Thinkvantage Access from lenovo.com for my Thinkpad T43. I was then able to see the wireless connection, and the connection reported to be good. However, it was unable to connect to the Internet and I received the error message "080 unable to connect to the Internet, check your firewall settings." Can anyone list what the firewall setting should be so that this can connect to the Internet properly? Thanks.

This is really beyond my abilities to figure out alone. Please help! Thanks.

Former Employee
Views: 2,634
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkvantage Access Wireless Error Messages 040 & then 018

Hi,

first of all make sure, that you have the latest version of following apps:

- power management driver

- poewr manager

- system interface driver

- hotkey utility

- wifi driver

- Access Connection

All these are needed for AC to work correctly. Also make sure, that you are using the Wifi driver from the lenovo.com and not the one that can be found on intel.com. 

About the firewall, from this perspective it should be enought to put the Access connection into the exclude list.
In case you want to make sure, that perhaps the Firewall is the root cause, then temporary dissable it and test again.

Let me know, anyu update, that you can give.

Cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors