05-20-2019 07:44 AM
Customer is trying to create a USB recovery key on a 300e demo unit so they can test their custom software load. They want to ultimately see how easy it is to deploy the images onto the devices. Below is a list of all the methods they tried but still failed:
1. Swapped out and tried multiple USB drives. All fail out.
2. Tried an external SSD hard drive. That failed too.
3. Ran sfc /scannow. No issues detected. Still fails.
4. Ran disk cleanup and removed all old system files. Still fails.
5. Made sure there was no Windows.old directory. There isn’t.
The Lenovo resource they are referencing is https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht117511
Are there any known issues creating a USB recovery drive on the 300e? Also, is the customer referencing the correct Lenovo resource?
Any help is great help- thanks a ton!