Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWBlue
Serial Port
Views: 311
Message 1 of 3

Unable to access Lenovo recovery partition

I own an M90z.  I installed Windows 10 on the system a few years ago.  Everything was working fine until recently when I was unable to get a wireless connection.   The Network adapter is an Intel Centrino N-1000.  I was told it was not compatable with Windows 10 even though the link below indicates otherwise.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000029835/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

Before I purchase a new card I would like to find out if rolling back to Windows 7 solves the issue.  However I am unable to access the recovery partition. 

I tried through Windows and through the recovery menu.   

Is there a function key I can hit after booting Windows to access the recovery partition?

Views: 188
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to access Lenovo recovery partition

Hi

It seems that the M90z does not has formal Windows 10 support. Windows 10 is not on the list of supported OSes.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/t...

Maybe you can also use something like DriverEasy (not an official Lenovo product) to see if it can recognize your wifi driver and offer you one for download.

The other will be to get the hardwareID of you "Intel Centrino N-1000" card and find on the internet reports of this device with Windows 10.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

JWBlue
Serial Port
Views: 179
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to access Lenovo recovery partition

@martiniturbide wrote:

Hi

It seems that the M90z does not has formal Windows 10 support. Windows 10 is not on the list of supported OSes.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/thinkcentre-m-series-desktops/t...

Maybe you can also use something like DriverEasy (not an official Lenovo product) to see if it can recognize your wifi driver and offer you one for download.

The other will be to get the hardwareID of you "Intel Centrino N-1000" card and find on the internet reports of this device with Windows 10.

Regards

After spending hours trying Windows fixes I have come to the conclusion it is a hardware issue.  Hopefully it is.  I bought a OEM replacement part.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors