Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UrbanEater
Fanfold Paper
Views: 735
Message 1 of 6

Vantage 4.27.32.0 Battery Charge Threshold Missing

I have a Carbon X1 6th Gen laptop.  Two days ago, I was able to set the charging threshold through the Lenovo Vantage tool.  Because this laptop is only about a week old, I started installing all the latest drivers and firmware updates using the Vantage tool.  After the updates, the battery charge threshold option is now gone.  

I tried to apply the fix as outlined in a thread I found (see link below):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/Vantage-4-15-58-battery-charging-threshol...

Unfortunately, there must have been some changes made between the version references in the fix and the version that I'm on now.  The paths referenced in this fix doesn't exist on the latest version.  Looks like the plugin for the power management is missing and I can't find a way to install it manually from Lenovo's website.

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 702
Message 2 of 6

Re: Vantage 4.27.32.0 Battery Charge Threshold Missing

Welcome to the forums.  I'm running Vantage 4.27.32.0 and I still have charging thresholds.  Try the below.

Uninstall Lenovo Vantage and Lenovo System Interface Foundation. After reboot install Lenovo Vantage from Microsoft store again, but not Lenovo System Interface Foundation. After opening Lenovo Vantage, there will be a link to latest Lenovo System Interface Foundation , download and install it. 

Also to uninstall Lenovo System Interface Foundation see below

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT506070

See if that fixes your problem.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 666
Message 3 of 6

@UrbanEater,

Do you see  "LenovoPower Manager" in your device manager?

If it does exist, please try uninstall it , reboot and let windows update reinstall it again.

UrbanEater
Fanfold Paper
Views: 658
Message 4 of 6

Your suggestion worked!  @green5178, thank you for providing me with the solution!  Here are the steps that I took which should help others with the same problem.

1) Uninstall Lenovo Vantage.  I'm not totally familiar with Windows 10 so when I looked for it in the "Add or Remove Program" tool, I could not find it.  Turns out that Lenovo Vantage is an app so I searched for "Lenovo Vantage" in the toolbar and when the app was returned as the best match I clicked on the uninstall link on the right pane.

2) Uninstall Lenovo System Interface.  I used the link to the document you provided and tried both options outlined to uninstall this component.  Method 1 works great but you have to make sure you also select the check box for the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".  Method 2 does not work so don't even try it.

3) Reinstalled Lenovo Vantage using the Microsoft store

4) Launched Lenovo Vantage and it immediately asked me to click the button in the middle of the tool to install an update. Clicking on the button launches your browser and downloads the Lenovo System Interface Foundation software.  Once downloaded, execute the installation package then reboot the computer.

UrbanEater
Fanfold Paper
Views: 656
Message 5 of 6

@hzfdbd,
Sorry, I didn't see your suggestion until after I fixed the problem using @green5178's procedure.
Guru
Views: 622
Message 6 of 6

Glad to hear it worked out.  Thanks for coming back and marking "solved" too.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors