Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etausml
Blue Screen Again
Views: 266
Message 1 of 3

Vantage Command Line/Force Updates to Run Silently

I'm looking to have all domain computers run the Lenovo Vantage Updates silently and/or have a way to schedule a task so that it will run for users and throw it up on their screen at the updates section if it can't run silently.

I did find this information (https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/hf003321) and was able to install the GPO, but I still in it don't see a way to force this program to run on a schedule.

If it already does run regularly, is it a task or how does it actually kick off it's check?

I know also Lenovo provides Patch (https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/landingpage/lenovopatch/), but can this work for any other patch management software besides SCCM?

Thanks much!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 238
Message 2 of 3

Re: Vantage Command Line/Force Updates to Run Silently

Vantage automatically installs critical and recommended driver updates on a schedule.  A weekly schedule is created when you install Lenovo System Interface Foundation.  You can modify the schedule.

As for your patch question, hopefully our patch expert @tlawson will stop by soon.  It might be helpful for him to know what "besides SCCM" patch management software you have.

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 191
Message 3 of 3

Re: Vantage Command Line/Force Updates to Run Silently

@etausml,

Just to echo what @someotherguy said, what other solution besides SCCM are you referring to?  Lenovo Patch is a plugin for SCCM, but this post referencing an update catalog from @parkerjnc might prove informative.  The catalog would be able to be read by SCCM Third Party integration in 1806 and newer, as well as in SCUP.  I hope this is the info you are looking for.

TLawson

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors